• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline Stops Playing

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing a sequence with DSLR and DJI drone footage in it - playhead initially works just fine until I move some clips, then the timeline refuses to play and moving the playhead doesn't scrub through footage, even when changing seuqeunce. Clips no longer play in the source monitor either. There is no buffer to indicate it is loading the footage - and it can only be resolved by exiting out of Premiere (which then shows it not responding so has to be hard closed).

If anyone can please advise as this is holding up producition.

Cheers

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially DJI footage is highly compressed.

Might want to consider converting to an editable format or use proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problems in the past with my DJI Mavic Air 2 footage. Always played smoothly. Shoot 60 > Interpret to 23.98.

Now it even exports jittery. It's not an issue of the footage, it's an issue with the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are on a Mac, the jitter issue was fixed in version 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect. I had no problems UNTIL I upgraded to version 22. It's a complete mess and I've found many other threads on this forum that express the same issue. Adobe Employees have issued a temporary "fix", but that actually doesn't fix it - especially when I export, as the same footage will still not playback smoothly. The FS5 footage plays back great. The Fujifilm footage captured to the Ninja V playes back great. Fujifilm internal 120fps footage and DJI footage do not play back or export correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For what it's worth I would also vouch for DJI being very difficult to play. They have some secret sauce to their H264/5 encoding, and I don't even know how but the HEVC stuff seems to make it into the exports. But every time I've ever worked with DJI stuff, it has always been problematic and needed some extra treatment for post production. Bare minimum being proxies. I'm not saying you're not experiencing something else here, but don't discount the fact that the media you work with has a tremendous impact on things.  

If you haven't tried already (beyond transcoding the source media or making proxies), maybe try disabling the hardware accelerated encoding/decoding in Preferences > Media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines