Hi folks! I'm new to this - Premiere Pro in particular - and being new tons of time are spent on one single project, i am sure all of you empathize with that, hehe.
With that i would like to know if there is a timer which keeps track of time spent on this and that - apart of programs running on PC/MAC like task manager / activity monitor. (Hehe, and maybe a timer for how much it lags from time to another accompanied by the count of how many times it has crashed).
Anyone with a solution, is it that hard to add one if so?
Anyways, thanks in advance. The program is well developed to all Adobe staff, thanks!!
Hola, lamentablemente no hay ningun teporixador que te diga cuantas horas llevas en el programa. quizas debas usar una pp externa, aunque de ya te digo que por mas años que lleves en el prograna o dias, siempre habra algo nuevo por aprender, asique olvida el tiempo y dedicate a dar lo mejor de ti en el software.
Project time tracking is an interesting idea, and a few developers have looked into it over the years; I don't know of any resounding successes (apologies, if a developer of a resounding success is reading this; I don't get out much).
There are lots of decisions to make, which would greatly affect the time balance(s) the user accrues:
I'm not the author of the OP, though I think would provide some clearance rather than ignore. Aswell I'm interested in seeing such update in the nearest future – how'd you think I've jumped here? 😉
1. I imagine there's more interest in a particular project rather than entire PPro runtime. Specific project's data is often much more valuable, thus the whole session could be summed up later.
2. Every project might contain its' own timing data which could be accessed through the main PPro hub aswell (something alike "recent projects" submenu).
3. Maybe the Production time might be tracked separately or with same module with an option for further detailed report?
4. Why not? QC counts to work hours pretty much all the time in the field.
5. Render time should be tracked separately in case render is outsourced or done in Media Encoder.
6. That's a great feature though isn't a neseccary one.
From my personal POV wish I could make some more suggestions:
a) Time spent on a project is neatly realized in Fruity Loops Studio – just take a glance. Wish I could see similar data in PPro.
b) Suggesting that render time tracks separately I imply on automatic markdown of the time spent. E.g. time spent on a particular sequence (which could be seen in it's Properties) or time spent in each workspace.
c) If we imagine markers like described above it would be especially great to implement some kind of panel with a timeline of tracked time inside of a project. So there might be markers with labels and colors like in a sequence timeline panel.
d) The time when PPro window is inactive should not be tracked or should be marked with some gray "Inactive" label.
I would be thankful SO MUCH for such kind of metrics implemented without third-party plugins. Wish to see something similar in the nearest future.