• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To Retain a Little Breathe Pause After Transcribing and Deleting all pauses.

Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because it's weird to be deleting all pauses and to just let the voice over go and go non stop. Unnatural. Is there a way to do this?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @Luis Azcona,

I got your message. In the Text panel click on the overflow (three dots) menu. Click on Preferences > Transcript View Options. Then, in Transcript View Options, choose Pauses > Minimum Pause Length and make adjustments there. Does that work for you? Tell us how it goes.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I thought "Minimum Pause Length" was a threshold for what should be considered a pause before deleting. Okay, I will try that now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin. Just tried, and unfortunately, "Minimum Pause Length" is a threshold for how pause should be defined. Just like "Define Silence" in Audition. I was looking for a way to retain a little bit of rest after all the pauses are deleted, so that the voice over would still sound like a natural breathing speaker. Otherwise, it sounds too robotic and tightly cut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines