• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many analyzing Warp Stabilizer instances lead to a crash

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often have the case that I want to apply a Warp Stabilizer to a large number of individual clips. However, as soon as I have a certain number of clips analyzed simultaneously with the Warp Stabilizer, Premiere Pro becomes extremely slow. First the individual analyses become considerably slower, then Premiere Pro stops responding at some point. At the same time, the CPU and RAM utilization remains below 10%, so the efficiency of the individual analyses also drops enormously.

My workaround is to always start about 10 analyses and then wait 30-60 minutes before starting the next analyses. However, this does not allow me to simply run all the analyses overnight, instead I have to constantly wait for the results.

It would make sense if, for example, the individual analyses were simply run sequentially one after the other to prevent performance problems when the analyses are run simultaneously.

I have tested the whole thing with versions 23.6.2, 24.1 and 25.4, I have these problems with all versions. However, I've had this problem since I started using Premiere Pro (around 2018).
I am testing this on a Macbook Pro M1 Max 14" with 64GB RAM (Apple Silicon) with macOS Monterey 12.7.2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My internal hard drive of the Macbook M1 Max is a very fast SSD with 2TB capacity and 300GB remaining space.

My video content and project file are stored on an external Samsung T5 SSD, connected to the Macbook directly using USB C. It has 1TB capacity and 240GB remaining space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the media cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The media cache is on my internal hard disk.

But in general, it is simply not a good idea to run all analyses in parallel, because this is extremely cache-inefficient and slows down all analyses because too many video clips are read simultaneously in different storage locations. This should therefore be changed urgently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines