• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Audio Effects not rendering

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I need help with what seems a bug in Premiere.

In the Preview, while editing, I can clearly hear the audio effects applied on a certain track working. However, when I render out the video the effects are missing and I'm left with basically the raw audio (the audio is a simple stereo  WAV recorded from a Zoom H6)

I've tried rendering the audio only, same results.

I've tried re-routing the audio track to a Submix, still no change.

I've tried Render and Replace, I've tried rendering the audio file separately and putting it back on the same track and rendering again. Still no effect applied.

I also tried switching the audio hardware to ASIO4ALL, and also tried rendering audio both AAC and MPG, no difference.

I've tried nesting the audio and having a sequence on the track with the effects applied, no change.

I've tried placing the sequence with the tracks that has the effects inside a parent clean sequence, no change.

I'm running out of ideas...

In the image: green one is track 4 (SOLOed because I'm working on it to find a solution). None of the visible effects applied work (Dehummer, EQ, Comp)

Untitled-2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confused by your use of "render", when you say:

olias32  wrote

However, when I render out the video the effects are missing and I'm left with basically the raw audio (the audio is a simple stereo  WAV recorded from a Zoom H6

do you mean "exported" the video?

Or are you having trouble rendering ( Menu > Sequence > Render . . . .)?

If you could clarify would help.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean exporting the media (which also renders the project, hence the confusion).

To note that I also tried both exporting from Premiere directly and also using the Media Encoder, with the exact same results of not having the effects processed in the output file.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, if you select a  sound processed clip in the timeline and force render there (via Menu > Sequence > Render . . .)

check that the sound is processed correctly in the rendered file that appears on the timeline,

then export that rendered file from the timeline, making sure "Use Previews" is checked in Media Encoder -

does the sound precessing disappear in the exported file?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so rendering the IN-OUT i have in my screenshot does render it in the TImeline (green bar on the timescale).

Playing it in the Preview sounds the same, meaning ok, effects applied.

Exporting: first of all, "Use Previews" is not available if I'm only exporting audio, which leads me to believe that it refers only to video previews. Secondly, I did check video as well and exported that whole bit with both Audio and Video. No change to the Audio, same missing effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New development - I tried using Menu - Sequence - Render effects In - Out, and then trying to export the 4 seconds work area estimates about 43 hours and counting up fast.

Edit: I mean fast. Shared album - Toma Alexandru - Google Photos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I was patient, and it finished in about 5 minutes.

Same deal, no effects applied, even though this export was done with Use Previews checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I'm having the exact same issue with PPro 12.1.2 (build 69). This has worked with this version, because I use track effects all the time.

I appreciate the time you took to list out what you've tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Applied track audio effects are completely absent in rendered output. Previewing a sample range does apply effects. Rendering the same range ignores the applied effects. Using PPro 12.1.2 (build 69).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2018 Dec 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reason you're not on 13.0.2?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this same issue today. Just appeared out of the blue. Client is expecting delivery today but what can I do? No matter what I do, track effects don't render out. I can hear the effects on the timeline but when I export the project, track audio effects are not rendered and all I hear on the exported video is raw audio. Running PPro 13.1.5 on an iMac.

This is really it. I've had it with Adobe products. Frequent crashes, bugs, and all kinds of weird issues should not occur on software that I pay ridiculous amounts for every year. There is no more reason not to switch to Resolve, Reaper, and other great Adobe alternatives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running into a similar issue, also using version 12.1.2 (build 69). The difference for me is that the problem is occurring with the clip effects, not the track effects. I did find a workaround though. Using the render and replace function on the problematic audio clips did properly apply the effects, and they stayed after the export. I think the reason this didn't work for you is because you are using track effects, these don't get baked in when you use the render and replace function.

I do have a workaround to suggest for your application though, if you nest all of the audio files in the track you can apply a clip effect to the nested sequence that would function like a track effect. You can then render and replace the nested sequence to bake in the effect so it doesn't get lost during the export. Obviously not an actual solution to the problem, but it does work when I try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm on 14.7.0 Build 23 and I noticed that a track effect was not being applied (DeHummer). After several renders on MediaEncoder and then in PPro itself, I had the same result. So naturally...FORUM time. And HERE I find out THIS WAS REPORTED IN 2018????? 

So tell me, HOW do I know I can trust ANYTHING this program does?  Do I now have to go back and SCRUTINIZE EVERY export to make sure what I want ACTUALLY HAPPENS???

I mean I know audio has been a relatively low priority until fairly recently. Amazingly you can at least now move things around on the patch panel, even if you can't still save presets...

I know audio has always been considered the bast..d stepchild of television 🙂 But seriously, when do things like this get fixed?

@R Neil Haugen  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks much all! (No, none of this is personal... it's just really frustrating working with bugs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update... no matter where I put "DeHummer," either in the track effect or on the clip, it will NOT export.

And to follow up:

This is on a brand new Windows 10 machine with a 12-core proc and 32GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you mean to tell me you don't review a file after you export it?  gotta say, if you're gonna send it to a client, that seems like an important step, cause even if the program performs perfectly, we can all make mistakes... I certainly do.

So, when you play the section of the timeline with the dehummer effect, you hear the fixed audio? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier Shouldn't we be more concerned about the actual problem of audio effects not being rendered? We all make mistakes. But when I make a mistake, I don't get paid for it. I'm assuming you do not either. And if I didn't listen to exports, how would I have caught this issue?

To answer your question, the timeline plays correctly. If I bypass the effect while playing, it functions correctly as well and removes the effect. So, the playback is fine. It's just not applied in the render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well,  I was reacting to the fact that you were worried that your previous exports might not have the applied effects either...  So let's see if we can do some troubleshooting.  First, Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  By any chance are the clips with the dehummer effects applied to shot on a smartphone?  If so, the problem may be a variable frame rate which can cause all sorts of inconsistent and unexpected issues.   And just to make sure, are you using the current dehummer or the obsolete one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only modification I have performed on the footage: In premiere I have performed a "Modify>Audio Channels" so the file shows up as a single monaural channel (as opposed to 4-mono files). This makes it easier to place into the timeline with only the audio I need.

I am using the only DeHummer in the effects panel under "Audio Effects>Noise Reduction/Restoration>DeHummer"

Below are the system specification requested.

Video source Panasonic CX350

Codec H.264 AVC 1 @ 1920x1080 23.976p

Audio: 4-channels of LPCM 48KHz/24bit

Quicktime MOV wrapper

Premiere Pro 14.7.0 Build 23

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model X299 UD4 Pro
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10940X CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3312 Mhz, 14 Core(s), 28 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F6, 10/2/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.0
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product X299 UD4 Pro-CF
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.7 GB
Available Physical Memory 23.7 GB
Total Virtual Memory 39.5 GB
Available Virtual Memory 27.5 GB
Page File Space 7.75 GB

Name NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1E81&SUBSYS_3FF91458&REV_A1\4&5BF9FFD&0&0000
Adapter Type GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER, NVIDIA compatible
Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER
Driver Version 27.21.14.5655
INF File oem55.inf (Section002 section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xD7000000-0xD7FFFFFF
Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xD0000000-0xD1FFFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000B000-0x0000B07F
IRQ Channel IRQ 40
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERSTORE\FILEREPOSITORY\NV_DISPI.INF_AMD64_7C6629F3404619ED\NVLDDMKM.SYS (27.21.14.5655, 30.96 MB (32,460,528 bytes), 10/27/2020 9:17 PM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might try transcoding to another format like prores. And if you have the
full suite sending the audio to audition. I'll check the behavior when I
get to the studio tomorrow with my windows machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem might be larger than that... When I re-opened Premiere and loaded the sequence, the DeHum was still applied, but was not working. When I opened the editor, this is what it showed:

DeHumWrong.jpg

What it should have showed is the following:

DeHumCorrect.jpg

So, when the sequence re-opens, it is not even able to recall the proper settings.

I inserted a 48KHz WAV file onto the timeline and exported. It exported with the DeHum, but would not open back up properly either.

Going to try a few more things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier 

Okay... So I did a little more poking around. When the project was not opening up with the correct settings, I wondered if there was a problem with the fact this had been a CC2018 project originally that was upgraded to a current version. So I relaunched PPRO and created a brand new project. Imported the footage and applied all the effects in the same manner. The timeline played flawlessly again.  This time, when exporting directly from PPro, the effect was applied.

HOWEVER, when I re-opened the project, the DeHummer was incorrectly flatlined the same as before. So, hum was back until I re-did the settings.  Still would not open properly. That got me to thinking about AME. As AME basically opens a temp version of your PPro project as if it were PPro, I wondered if the settings would not open as well. And sure enough, when encoding with AME, the hum was back. So, there is something wrong with the way the plugin is addressed, saved, opened, or something, as it's doing it not only with the video footage, but with apparently any audio file.  I had this same issue before with nested audio when placing finished sequences on the timeline. Certain effects embedded in the sequence would be missing. I still have been afraid to see if that is fixed yet.

Anyway, that's all the testing I could do tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Grenadier 

Any further luck? You said you were going to check on this and I have not heard any further. I still cannot properly use the de-hummer effect. As stated, with the further research, I can apply it and change the parameters and hear the effect when playing the timeline. However, once the session is re-opened, the effect, while still on the clip or the track, is flatlined (as in the illustrations). Therefore, if I re configure the effect, I can export from Premiere ONLY. I cannot send to Media Encoder, as the properties data is not being saved and the effect will not be present when the session file is generated for Media Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, something called work got in the way.  I'm not in the studio tomorrow, but I'll put it on the calendar for Saturday.   In the meantime, in case there's some sort of corruption floating around behind the scenes, can you transcode a short shot of your camera original to prores and bring just that clip into a new premiere project, apply the dehummer and see if you're still seeing the problem?  I did update my windows machine to the latest premiere version today so we'll see what I can see on Saturday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. I do understand work. I have been inundated as well. That's why I was checking in. 🙂

I performed yet another experiment...

-New CC2020 project

-My new camera footage MOV (uses uncompressed PCM audio)

-My old camera footage HDV (MPEG1-layer2 audio)

-A WAV file

-An MP3 audio file

Placed all these on the timeline. Placed DeHummer on each clip. Placed DeHummer on the track. Saved project. Played timeline. Effect audible. Closed project. Opened project. Effect non-functional. Still on timeline and clips, but with the "flatline" value as in previous pictures (shown again below)

I also tried just a single instance of DeHummer. Same issue.

So, it does not appear to be in any relation to the media type. It seems to not be saving the parameters. And, as of yet, you still cannot save audio effect user presets for recall separately. Only recall factory presets.

Thanks for any insight.

DeHumWrong.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I just tried applying the dehum filter directly to a clip in the timeline.  exported an aiff and it includes the dehumm filter without issues.  running premiere 14.7, the latest version. Will now try quitting premiere and restarting premiere and see if it is still there and then try to duplicate your workflow.  any reason why you can't just apply the filter directly to the audio clip in the timeline?  Frankly, I've never used your workflow.  If I have heavy lifting to do with audio, I either send it to audition, or go to an expert for a sweetening session.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines