• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track matte key ruining write on effect. Premier Pro 2022

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Im trying to do the write on effect, for example as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PluDfzBLQg
My problem is that when im applying the "Track Matte key" to the transparent video the effect that should do it doesnt show up, as in the video (2:26). See what happens in the video i attached. I dont know why the "H" doesnt make a write out effect. The guy in the video does the same thing but it works. The green line is just the "write out" effect.

Regards Johan, 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the guy in the tutorial does not have a crop and lumetri effect.

Get rid off all that and start with the basics.

Make sure all assets match sequence settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed the effects and all that. How do I make sure all assets match the sequence settings? New to this. Thanks for fast answer btw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only things im using is a color matte for background, a logo which im trying to do the write out effect with and the transparent video for the effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drop one of the assets on the new sequence icon, the new sequence will inherit the footage settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Ann suggested, it's usually best practice to separate effects, in order to avoid that they affect each other.

The best way to achieve this, is by Nesting in PPro. In Ae, you would normally Pre-Compose layers to achieve that type of layer independence.

Thus, do the crop and lumetri first, nest the clip and then start working on the write-on effect. The other way around might also work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just restarted everything. Havent add a single effect or unnecessary asset. Just as he has done in the video. All the assets have the same fps and everything is deafult. As fast as I add the track matte key the effect just gets destroyed. As in the attached video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload project to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said before everything needs to match the sequence settings.

Change the png to 1080x1920 and start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can i do that in premier pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, PPro is intended for editing videos. Please adjust the PNG in Photoshop. And save it out as a PSD before re-importing it to PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines