Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Track Matte Key Scaling Issue

Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I created a circle-shaped matte to use with Track Matte Key and have the video appear within the circle. When I apply the Track Matte Key it works, but it scales the Alpha matte.

I did try adding the transform tool and that does work, but this is a bit problematic because I need it to be the exact dimensions of my Matte Alpha---and I'll need to repeat the process in many different aspect ratios.  

Is there a better way to do this? Screenshots attached. 

Thank you! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by design. When scaling the image, the matte scales too.

Solved by nesting the image and applying the track matte to the nested video.

The alternative is to use the EGP, you can scale the image and circle independently.

Or make a png with a transparent circle.

AnnBens_0-1671359475307.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand this is a "By Design" but it's not convenient to just create a nest for image or video to just implement the track matte.
So, Here is a feature request to improve this feature. please, add an option (checkbox) in track matte to disable the scale dependency. so, people can enable or disable the scale dependency based on need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As it's biff-bam to 'nest', I 1) don't see the problem (though it's confusing at first, certainly) and 2) it works perfectly for what you need. So I doubt the devs would even consider spending time on this with so many other more major things to work on.

As there's some real nasty stuff going on at times they're working on.

Also, as Ann's other suggestion works quite well also, they'll look at this and note there are two quick and effective ways to handle this already.

Is it confusing at first? Yes. But nesting is a common thing you need to be aware of using as it is the best way to work quite a few effects issues.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, Here is a feature request to improve this feature. please, add an option (checkbox) in track matte to disable the scale dependency. so, people can enable or disable the scale dependency based on need.

By @ibtesam Sadiq

FAQ: How Do I File a Bug Report or Write a Feature... - Adobe Support Community - 13362039

Many moons ago, Premiere did not have scale dependency, but it was a disaster. Produced even more issues. So the feature was removed. Don't think we will ever see it back (but you never know). Ess Graphics Panel is the way to go now: quick and easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Absolutely agree, because that's the thing trackmatte is made for: to have an independent "window" to a videotrack, so you can pan/move/scale the source - and especially more than one source for split-screens. The "nested"-solution means: double-click (or change the window) every time, move/scale/pan by trial and error.... - It is a major problem for people working with multiple split-screens and this "checkbox" would be a smart solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines