• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking forward a mask creates keyframes but doesn't move at all

Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video with an interview-object that sits relatively still, but moves head sometimes. When tracking the mask in order to color correct the object and not the background, the automatic function doesn't track it at all. The mask is completely still, and doesn't move. There are keyframes there, but the mask itself is absolutely still. When moving towards different points and tracking forward from a different position, it tend to perform even worse tracking the object.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try making the mask smaller so it only contains the face and not the background. You can then use Mask Expansion and feather.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a difference if I use free drawing bezier, or if I use ellipse or polygen?

Sorry if this require too much explantion, but should I use feathering and exspansion before or after I track the mask?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It shouldn't matter what type of mask you use: bezier etc.

Premiere will use whatever is inside the mask to track, so if you have a larger mask that contains some of the background as well as the head, then the mask might not move because it's trying to track the background. If you make your mask smaller so it only contains parts of the head/face then it should track correctly. Track first and then expand/feather.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines