Trackpad gesture: PINCH/ZOOM not functioning, Windows 10 64-bit (same across Adobe Applications)

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

Ram: 64gb

GPU: Gigabyte 2080i 11GB

MB: Asus Rog Strix X570 ATX AM4

Running up to date Adobe CC Applications

After contacting support, who remotely accessed my PC, operator told me to post here so the Adobe Engineers can pick up the query.

I know this query has been posted in photoshop / illustrator communities, there have been solutions found for those applications, sometimes it has been software or GPU issues. But I have not found these solutions apply to me.

I have an external trackpad, my system supports the gestures as it can be used in other applications. (This is a plug and play device that doesn’t use drivers to be dowloaded or an application for extra settings).

The problem is specifically with the Pinch Zoom gesture: does not work in the Adobe CC applications, but works for example in Chrome.

Remote access operator did everything they could think of, but failed to solve the issue. They said they would do more research, ask superiors, and if anything was found, they would get back to me. As said above I was told to post in the community.

So in essence, I am putting this query out in the community, as a statement, and to hopefully get recognition, to be solved.

Thank you for reading, and if I have not included everything required, please let me know and I will get back to you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Pinch/zoom is not working in Indesign/Photoshop/Illustrator on Windows 10 internal trackpad. Adobe CS tried everything and end up advising me to stick to using Zoom tool or ctrl  "+/-". So frustrating and inconvenient. This issue has been raised back in 2018. The pinch zoom works in adobe XD though, surely they could have already sorted this by now. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might want to post your issue here:

Premiere Pro: user voice – Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines