• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trackpad gesture: PINCH/ZOOM not functioning, Windows 10 64-bit (same across Adobe Applications)

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950x

Ram: 64gb

GPU: Gigabyte 2080i 11GB

MB: Asus Rog Strix X570 ATX AM4

Running up to date Adobe CC Applications

After contacting support, who remotely accessed my PC, operator told me to post here so the Adobe Engineers can pick up the query.

I know this query has been posted in photoshop / illustrator communities, there have been solutions found for those applications, sometimes it has been software or GPU issues. But I have not found these solutions apply to me.

I have an external trackpad, my system supports the gestures as it can be used in other applications. (This is a plug and play device that doesn’t use drivers to be dowloaded or an application for extra settings).

The problem is specifically with the Pinch Zoom gesture: does not work in the Adobe CC applications, but works for example in Chrome.

Remote access operator did everything they could think of, but failed to solve the issue. They said they would do more research, ask superiors, and if anything was found, they would get back to me. As said above I was told to post in the community.

So in essence, I am putting this query out in the community, as a statement, and to hopefully get recognition, to be solved.

Thank you for reading, and if I have not included everything required, please let me know and I will get back to you.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Pinch/zoom is not working in Indesign/Photoshop/Illustrator on Windows 10 internal trackpad. Adobe CS tried everything and end up advising me to stick to using Zoom tool or ctrl  "+/-". So frustrating and inconvenient. This issue has been raised back in 2018. The pinch zoom works in adobe XD though, surely they could have already sorted this by now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding that this is still an issue for me as well.  It seems like this is a Windows-specific issue.  Illustrator has a "Force enable pinch to zoom on touchpad" option in Preferences, which allow for both pinch to zoom as well as traditional scrolling/panning with the trackpad.  This is the expected result and how almost all other apps function.  However, there is no option like this in Photoshop.  So you either have to link zooming to the scroll wheel, which means on the touchpad pinch to zoom works, but scrolling/panning also zooms. So basically all you can do is zoom.  Turn off zoom with scroll wheel, and you can only scroll - no zooming at all with the touchpad.  Is there any chance we can get proper pinch to zoom support in CC apps on Windows?  Or at least the "force enable" option that Illustrator has on other apps?  Being able to scoll and zoom with the touchpad is critical to my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it's not an issue... Adobe doesn't have support for conventional touchpad gestures on Windows. MacOS has had them for a long time, but they've chosen to not add them to Windows versions. 

I know of at least a handful of people (including myself) who have brought this to Adobe's attention over the past years, and they've made no effort to add it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your follow up!  I was hoping that in the past couple of years Adobe may have addressed it.  It's just a little mind-boggling that they put in a fix for Illustrator but didn't think to include the same feature on other CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's not an actual solution, and they should fix this but the closest thing I've found is just holding Alt + pinching to zoom on the trackpad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines