• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcribe "In Point To Out Point Only" Error

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Transcription tool for a little while now with no issues since the initial bugs when it was released. I am on the latest version of PP. At the moment, I am attempting to transcribe just a portion of what is on my sequence via the "in point to out point only" check box. For some strange reason, when I check that box, "Transcribe" greys out, and I can't seem to solve it.Transcribe_In to Out Only_Greyed Out.png

I've tried modifying the in and out points, but I still get the same result. I've also tried checking and unchecking all of the other boxes, selecting a different language, etc. Nothing seems to unlock the Transcribe button. Thanks in advance for any help.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

I've solved it. I realized that when I set my outpoint at the end (instead of the beginning) of the last frame, it actually picks up a frame of black - so, technically out of bounds, as you put it. I've always wondered why Adobe has it set up like this. By chance, do you know why they have it built this way?Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline.pngTranscribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-1Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-1Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-2Transcribe_In To Out Only_Greyed Out_Timeline Outpoint-2

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you zoom in on the end of the clip, it's only out by a frame. Once you tuck that in then you can transcribe using the in and out points. When I use the in and out shortcuts I end up having an extra frame. So I have to click the left arrow once to backtrack a frame, then click "O" again to set the "out" point. The previous versions weren't like that. I think I speak for everyone here when I say: Why, Adobe, why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry but I have an actual in point and an out point before the end of the sequence and it is still greyed out. It doesn't work. 23.2.0 Build 69 Mac OS Monterey Intel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW this is Jason Carey on Cynthia's acct. we share.. I am not a beginner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jason/Cynzia,

A screenshot might help. Also hover over the greyed out transcribe button to confirm that it is showing the "in out points set are invalid" warning.

I'm sure you've looked at this, but double-check. The most common way to get this problem is that the out point is actually set where the "end" button takes you, which is one frame too many. The forward slash shortcut is one way to deal with this. If you fade out, it is hard to see visually.

Setting a different sequence time (start time) also produces this error.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i set an out point before the end of the sequence and it still won't transcribe in to out, so that is not the solution for me. It is a bug as far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, will it transcribe the whole sequence if you don't choose the transcribe in to out option?

have you tried copying the audio you want to transcribe to a new sequence?  Not saying it's not a bug, but sometimes workarounds can get the job done.    Also, might be helpful to tell us your audio sequence settings and source properties... wondering if mismatched sampling rates could be causing issues.    You might also export the audio as an uncompressed format like 48k 16 bit aiff or wav and see if that will help solve the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an easy solution: Select the clip/clips you want to transcribe then click the "/" key. It automatically sets the exact in and out points quickly. Then transcribe as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a heads up, people are using different keyboards so the command is "mark clip" which I have mapped to "x" because I started with the fcp7 keyboard...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! 

New here! I am trying to edit a stand up clip. I went to the source monitor and set my in point and out point when I click transcribe, they "transcribe point to point is greyed out. I have tried to pull it in to my timeline too, but still not seeing a resolution. I am sure this is due to my lack of knowledge but would love some guidance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind! I realized what I did. Since I only had on sequence that I was working with, it transcribed the whole thing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines