• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcribe Sequence Error: Network Error

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm trying to transcribe my video and have a grayed out Transcribe button when I use the Transcribe Sequence feature. The error message is "Network Error: Please ensure you are connected to the internet, then try again. (error code: -1597177841)". I've already searched the community (and Google) and done what was suggested and am hoping there has been progress made in fixing this?

Here's what I've done:

• I'm obviously connected to the internet
  • I'm up-to-date with my Creative Cloud membership and am automatically logged in every day (I double-checked this as well while trying to transcribe)
  • I transcribed a different project about a week and a half ago with no problems

At this point, I'm wondering if I should switch to one of the backups and see if that works because maybe the original file is buggy. Any ideas? Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Hi iamnotyouorthem,

Sorry for the frustration. Please update Premiere Pro to be free of this issue. 

"Effective February 7, 2023, Speech to Text is no longer supported on Premiere Pro 15.4, 22.0, and 22.1. Upgrade to the current version of Premiere Pro for full Speech to Text functionality."

Why?

The original version of Speech to Text used cloud-based transcription. In February 2022, Premiere Pro v22.2 switched to on-device transcription using installed language packs. We continued to support c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi iamnotyouorthem,

Sorry for the frustration. Please update Premiere Pro to be free of this issue. 

"Effective February 7, 2023, Speech to Text is no longer supported on Premiere Pro 15.4, 22.0, and 22.1. Upgrade to the current version of Premiere Pro for full Speech to Text functionality."

Why?

The original version of Speech to Text used cloud-based transcription. In February 2022, Premiere Pro v22.2 switched to on-device transcription using installed language packs. We continued to support cloud-based transcription for users on earlier versions, but that ended on February 7, 2023.

On-device language packs offer faster transcriptions and can be used without an internet connection. An English language pack is included with your installation of Premiere Pro. Additional language packs for all supported languages can be installed as needed.

See this Helpx document: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/speech-to-text.html

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed! Thanks so much, Kevin! I thought I had kept it updated, but guess I had turned off automatic updating due to issues with PS, which made me leary with the other Creative Cloud apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines