Transcript in metadata

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to incorporate the transcript generated by Premiere Pro as a metadata field when exporting a file?

I am aware it is possible to export the transcription as a separate file, but I think it would be a useful feature to integrate it within the file?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can export a sequence with a caption track embedded in the vertical interval of the video (at least I assume that's where it's embedded) so that when you import the file back in to premiere (or another app) you would have the option to view or import the captions.    Here's the relevant help url and the relevant text.     

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/working-with-captions.html

• Embedded: The option to export as Embedded is available only for pro codecs like MXF OP1a, DNX, and ProRes and requires that the caption track format be set to one of the broadcast standards like CEA-608.

QuickTime embedded export currently only supports embedding CEA-608. MXF Op1a Formats can embed CEA-608, CEA-708, and Australian OP-47 (if 25fps). You will also need those track types in your sequence in order to embed. For example, if you have an SRT in sequence, that cannot be embedded. You must have a compatible format such as 608, 708 or Aus OP-47.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your answer, it is not exactly what I was looking for but it's a step in the right direction.
Thank you, 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines