• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcript Timecode Drifting.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On PP 2023 23.1. I've created a transcript of a feature film for which I have to create subtitles. I'm going through and correcting the speech to text transcript and noticed around 23 minutes in, the transcript is drifting. The TC in the text panel is not matching the TC of the sequence. Any ideas about what the cause and a solution might be? We've been accepted to a French festival and I'v got a nearly impossible time frame to get this thing transcribed, translated and subtitled.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

To add, I went back and checked the first line of dialog and the timecode is off there as well. Is there a way to manually change the TC in the text window to sync the transcript with the sequence? 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Mike,

What did you use to do the Speech to Text transcription? Did that part of the sequence get moved after the transcription was done?

There's no way to edit the timecode in the transcript. You can move the captions once on the timeline.

When you click in the transcript, it goes to the wrong part of the timeline?

Once you create captions, are they correct?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, I went back and checked the first line of dialog and the timecode is off there as well. Is there a way to manually change the TC in the text window to sync the transcript with the sequence? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

What did you use to do the Speech to Text transcription? Did that part of the sequence get moved after the transcription was done?

There's no way to edit the timecode in the transcript. You can move the captions once on the timeline.

When you click in the transcript, it goes to the wrong part of the timeline?

Once you create captions, are they correct?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used PP to create the transcription. Not sure what happened, but a restart and "retranscribe the selection" fixed whatever the problem was.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, Mike!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines