Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Transcription Editing is very slow

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey so Im assitant editing on a doc project. The interview I am fixing the AI transacription on is 5hrs, I expected to take 8hrs on it. Anyway im 15hrs into it because Premiere is very slow to respond to editing the transcript. 

Merge or Split Segments take 7 seconds to repsond.

Changing the speaker name takes 5-6 seconds.

Playback video is on time (6k reduced to 1/16) but the transcript playback is slow as snails

My CPU is running at 20% but Power Usage is very high. 

I have unistalled and reinstalled, cleared cache. I have this one and another two interviews to return by Wedneday (8/24), at this pace ill need another month..

Any advice or is this a known issue?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video of the issue

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific version of PR? What OS?

What is the use of the transcript? Director overview? Correction before creating captions?

There are some known issues, some fixed, some not. Most workarounds are for captions, and can't be used on the transcript.

Stan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue. My CPU is running at about 60%, with Premiere hogging the lion's share of that.  At this point I can't even make edits. Clicking on the text yields no effect. I tried closing the project and opening it back up, but it's even worse now. 

M1 Max 64GB Memory OS Monterrey.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines