• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription editing where is the extract button?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I have the latest version 23.1 and saw a tutorial on transcription and editing by highlighting the text in the transcription mode and then clicking on extract on the toolbar for Transcript but I don't have that button. How do I get it? All I have is split segment and merge segments.  How do I get the extract button to appear?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

She is generally talking about the 23.1 Release version, but at that point (about 12 minutes in), she is talking about the Beta.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are several tabs in the panel ... have you checked through them? Some of these things you have to hunt for ... and I'm not on my computer at the moment. Don't recall exactly where that is.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tami,

I think you saw one of the two tutorials for a new feature being worked on in the Beta version. It will be totally awesome. This is the staff introduction in the Beta forum, and has links to the 2 tutorials:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-part-2-assemble...

Two things to note. 1) Some of the UI has changed, and this makes the tutorials a bit less clear. 2) The feature appears to be broken in the latest Beta builds - I have tested 42 and 44. When you click on any text in the source based transcription, it immediately jumps to the Source Monitor.

If that's not it, can you provide a link to the tutorial you saw?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Stan for your comment.  Here's the link I saw on Youtube, which I thought was the new version that I should have so I was a little confused.  https://youtu.be/t4uuCuxng3Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

She is generally talking about the 23.1 Release version, but at that point (about 12 minutes in), she is talking about the Beta.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. I just assumed we were on the beta and didn't realize this is what they are working on now.  I can't wait for it to come out!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a public beta, just go to the Beta tab of the CC app. It installs separately that the current version, but projects can go forth and back between 23.x regular and 23 public beta.

Easy to try things.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Neil!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines