• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription not keeping pace with transcribed sequence

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally feel this is more of a bug than a discussion type, but I also feel that a discussion will help me better than reporting it as a bug.

I work for a broadcast company and we were extatic to learn about the transcription update.  As we utilized it from beta to now official these last couple years, we had a fluid time (and fun time) transcribing much of our in-house produced content.

Unfortunately with the most recent update, the transcription process has become more of a chore.  Once Adobe transcribes, we go in and clean up misspoken words and phrases.  That's not the issue.  The issue is, once we clean the selected "paragraph" and click away, the timeline refreshes and moves the cursor either back a few minutes to a previously clean portion or so far forward that we haven't gotten that far.  Sometimes it will even through me to whatever is currently in the source monitor rather than the timeline that it's meant to be.  Even closing the software and re opening doesn't solve this issue.  I have found a work around for the source monitor by closing anything in that panel, but the main issue of the system backtracking or jumping forward remains.

Whether this is a known issue or not, I personally wanted to bring it to someone's attention. 

We also deal with closed captioning getting cut off on broadcast as well.  I may have already found the fix for this, but as a broadcast company we are legally required to have closed captioing as an option.  I don't want us recieving a fine for something that we either can't fix or can and just don't have the knowledge on how to do so.

Circuling back to my main issue, I just wanted to know if anyone was aware of the transciption issue and whether or not the next update would clean it up as it was an update that caused the issue.

Thank you.

-Miranda K.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Miranda,

I don't recall this particular problem. What specific version of PR are you running? I assume this is a release version and not the Beta? Then again, I am recalling some users who had the transcript get out of sync.

I have seen oddities if I delete chunks of the transcript as opposed to just editing to what actual video content. How much are you deleting/adding - more or less net zero characters?

The Beta is actively working on a way to use transcripts of source clips to edit and a final transcription for captions. Very exciting.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines