• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription not working on Premiere Pro 22.4.0 (Build 57)?

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey community

I'm running the latest version of PP (22.4.0/Build 57) on my shiny new M1 Mac Studio (OS Monterey 12.3.1 / M1 Max / 64GB RAM) and for some reason when I click on Create Transcription/Transcribe, PP attempts to 'Initialize Local Transcription Engine' but then freezes for a second and throws up a 'Low Level Exception' error in the bottom right hand corner of the screen (pics attached).

Any suggestions for a fix greatly appeciated to save me having to manually transcribe a fifteen minute video!

Cheers

Al

PP_Transcribe Error_01.pngPP_Transcribe Error_02.png

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Al,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Is this happening with any specific sequence? Also, have you tried it on any small audio clip to test if it's working or giving the same error? We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sumeet many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I've actually managed to resolve the issue by creating a new sequence and transcribing the video in that which worked as it usually does.  Might it have been an issue working in a sequence created in a previous version of PP? 

Worth remembering in case anyone has a similar problem in the future.

Regards

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same exact problem. Created a new sequence, copied over everything, and now it works. It could very well be the old sequence with the new version. Also, this was an otherwise completed sequence so I had to make all my audio effect adjustments which was a little pain.

Thanks,

Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Will

That seems to work for me as well but it's a bit of a pain.  Hopefully fixed in a future update!

Cheers

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm experiencing the same problem.

Premiere Version: 22.6.4 // on a Mac studio M1 Max. OS Ventura 13.2.1

I can recreate the error by adding a multiband compresser to the audio fx rack in the track mixer. Seems to be audio fx related on my end. As soon as I remove the FX, it works as expected.

Thankfully Adobe has updated this audio track panel so you can copy and past FX! That allowed me to copy my FX and apply them back seamlessly. It would be great if you could save entire colums of FX, but luckily one at a time was ok in this instance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines