• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription not working

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Adobe Premiere Pro v 22, the transcription tool stopped working. When I click on it, nothing happens. The Before photo attached is before I click on transcribe sequence, and the After photo is after I click it. It used to work on the earlier version. Am I doing something wrong, is there a bug, or do I need to reinstall it?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Hi,

it's very odd that this is not working on your end. Did you try and re-install Premiere?

If that doesn't work either, can you install the Beta version (go to Creative Cloud Desktop app, select Beta apps in left-hand column) and check it there?

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd. When the "Transcribe sequence" button is clicked, you should get a dialogue with choices before the transcription proceeds. Do you get that dialogue?

It should not matter, but you are in the Graphics workspace. Try the Captions workspace. Same thing?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens when I am in the captions workspace. I do not get a dialogue box when I click on the button. It just turns gray like in the After picture. I reinstalled the program but I still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your post in the other thread, you suggest that you did get a transcription. Any pattern to when you do or don't get the dialogue?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/creating-captions-not-working-prempro-2022/m...

In any event, you are not using the "in to out" and this appears to be a different problem. Are you also running the public Beta version for testing? The "in to out" problem is fixed there. I'm not suggesting that you switch to the Beta for production work.

@NicoBecherer Any thoughts?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not post in that thread linked. But, I did get a transcription when I was using the version 15. I updated to the version 22 since I wanted to use the new Export Transcription to Text features, but when I updated it, the problem described above occurred. I will wait for the person you tagged to reply before I switch to the Beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let's see if Nico posts something.

Note that the public Beta is installed in ADDITION to the regular release version. Do NOT uninstall anything if you install it. Don't use your regular production project file in it. Start a new project, or use a copy.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! Sorry to hear that this is happening on your end - it looks like the text panel crashed.

In order to find out why this happened, it would be great if you could share the UXP logs with me. 

You can find these here: 

on Mac:
Users/<your username>/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro 2022
or if you're on Beta: Users/<your username>/Library/Logs/Adobe/Adobe Premiere Pro (Beta) 2022

on Win:
/users/<your username>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Premiere Pro/Logs
or if you're using Beta: /users/<your username>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Premiere Pro(Beta)/Logs

There you will find a file named "UXPLogs...date/time".log that should be added automatically once you experience the text panel in the empty state that you described. 
This log file should contain useful information. Please share this log file with me (here or via direct message) so I can take a closer look.

Thank you!

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attached the log file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending the log file!

Do you have a Premiere Pro Beta version installed where you're using on-device transcriptions? If so, could you please switch back to cloud transcription in Beta and then try transcribing again in the 22.0 Release version? Please let me know if that fixes your issue or if you still see this happening.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have a Premiere Pro Beta version installed. I have only tried to transcribe while using the 22.0 Release version (build 169). I tried transcribing today, and I still get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thing you can try is deleting the debug database, this will reset Premiere Pro and should bring back the Transcription and Caption windows.

You can find the debug database here:

Mac: Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Premiere Pro/22.0/Debug Database.txt

Windows: C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\22.0\Profile-[user name]\Settings\Custom

Please delete this file and restart Premiere Pro. Does this work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find the Custom folder. I attached a screenshot of what the Settings folder contains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try this path instead: 

C:\Users\[username]AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\22.0

If you see the "Debug Database" text file there, please delete it and then restart Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Debug Database text file was there and I deleted it, but the issue did not get resolved after restarting Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any plugins installed? It's possible that a plugin automatically sets a debug flag when starting Premiere. Also, can you please check if a new "Debug Database" text file has been created after restarting Premiere - if you see, can you please share it with me?

Another question: did you install Premiere Pro via the Creative Cloud Desktop app (or maybe some kind of admin console)?

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any plugins installed. A new Debug Database text file was created after restarting Premiere. I attached that file.

I installed Premiere Pro via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

it's very odd that this is not working on your end. Did you try and re-install Premiere?

If that doesn't work either, can you install the Beta version (go to Creative Cloud Desktop app, select Beta apps in left-hand column) and check it there?

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed Premiere and it did not work. I installed the Beta version and it now works. Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issues posted above and I followed the guide of installing BETA. That seemed to have solved the transcription problem but the same problem persists when trying to create captions with this work around. 

As soon as I finish transcribing and then click on Create Captions nothing happens and PP stalls out forcing me to force shutdown the application. 

Is there anything that needs to be adjusted in order to also allow for captions to be created while using BETA? (BETA Version 22.3)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Beta build? These change daily. The latest today was 22.3.0 Build 93.

I had no difficulty doing a transcription and creating captions, in the current release (22.2.0) and in the current Beta.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 22.3.0 Build 94 on a MacOS 10.15.7

It's a very peculiar fluke, it only stops working after I click on "create captions" but not during transcription. 

I do some work where I do need the caption feature so it would be a shame if I am forced to not be able to use it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got this problem in Build 94 (Beta 22.3.0). Transcription, no problem. "Create Captions" appears to be working. Subtitle track created in sequence, but no captions.

Upgraded to Beta build 98; new project. This time it hangs on "Transcribing on device." I closed the Text Panel and reopened. The transcription is there. "Create Captions" works, and the captions are on the timeline. But it is in the Captions tab, and shows the options as if there is no caption track (transcribe, create track, import file). Clicking various tabs does nothing until I select a caption on the timeline. Then the captions appear on the timeline.

Closed PR, restarted PC (Win 10), new project. Same thing. (Again hangs on "Transcribing on device." Closed and reopened Text Panel. Clicked on Transcript tab. Transcript there.)

Edited text in program monitor. Does not show change in Captions tab. Edit text in captions tab; change shows in Program monitor.

I.e. bugs.

@Trent Happel Is this worth filing a proper bug?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reporting this.

We are aware of the bugs for caption creation as well as transcriptions not working. The fix is on the way and should be in the Beta build available in the next couple of days.

Best,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated the Beta to 22.4.0 Build 6, and I now lost the ability to transcribe again. 

Once I click on transcribe it starts "Rendering audio data" and then thats where it stays.

Not sure what else to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also get this. I filed a bug report in the Beta forum.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines