• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription Problems with Premiere Pro 23.0 (and 22)

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to transcribe an in and out portion of a sequence I get an error if any audio effects are applied to the timeline. The only solve I have found is to remove the effects and try again. Would be great if I could keep the effects on the clip (ie, limiter, noise reduction, etc)

The other problem I am facing is only in PP 23.0
If my timecode is set to TOD (ie, camera's timecode is running TOD so the clip starts at 09:31:20) Premiere Pro won't transcribe and says "Please make sure the in and outs lie within the sequence bounds." So I am forced to change the timecode to start at 00:00:00 which is a hassle because we use TOD for all our video files to find the sections we want. 

Any ideas? Mainly looking at you Adobe.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For part 1 of your question.  Simply duplicate your audio and paste it to another audio channel in your timeline.  Remove the effects and target that track when you transcode.  Or even easier, transcode BEFORE you start adding effects.

Part 2 is a little more confiusing.  Transcripts are based on sequence time.  If you're only using one clip you can set the sequence time to match the source time.  (Use the hamburger menu next to the sequence name in the timeline and type in the starting timecode.)  Any subsequent transcripts will match to that.  If you have an edited sequence and you want to keep source timecodes available, (and you aren't passing around Premiere sequences,) your only real option is to do a visible timecode burn-in choosing media as your timecode source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i didn't see this response!
the latest update seems to have fixed part 1 of the issue. part 2 is still an issue even though in the earlier versions it wasn't a problem. i usually work in "match source time" but that's what causes my problem since we run on TOD. 
so the clip will start at 12:30:21:03 but the playhead is set at the start and will say the timecode mismatches the length of the timeline.  bizarre.

my work around is just switch back and forth from "match source time" and setting the timecode to start at 00 when i want to transcribe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cole,

Are you transcribing in to out? Or the whole sequence?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in to out. so only sections of the video file. 

basically I'm making social media clips from longer-form content.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide a screenshot of the actual error message. Also of the timeline showing the in/out points.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached a screenshot here.

Timecode is using time of day so 5:40pm is the time of this moment i want to caption. when i set the in and out points i get this error.

in the past this error never showed up, i could caption anywhere on the timeline no problem and no need to change the time code start time.

if i change the start time to 00:00:00 you can see the attached screenshot that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cole,

Thanks. I assume you are setting the sequence time by changing the "Start Time" - and setting a time or using "first clip." True?

I believe this is a bug, since, if changing the Start time is allowed, transcribe should allow in/out points that are in the range of the sequence. I demonstrated in testing that in/out works with start time at zero, and does not work with the same in/out points if the start time is changed. Some start time adjustments allowed in/out for some ranges, but I could not determine a pattern that could be used for a workaround.

This problem, which, as you note did not occur in the past, is probably a consequence of fixing a previous bug regarding transcription errors when in to out was selected, but there was neither an explict in or out point set.

See my post here, updated today to add your issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/transcribe-quot-in-point-to-out-point-only-q...

I do not see a workaround other than to, at least temporarily, change the start time. I would use your preferred time, go through the sequence and set sequence markers with names as needed, then set the start time to zero and use the markers to determine the in/out.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

glad i'm not alone! 
and yes, i am setting the sequence time by changing the "Start Time" - and setting a time or using "first clip. 
guess we'll have to wait for them to fix the bug! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines