• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription problems

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All, I'm trying to use the transcription feature. Uploaded ~1hr of an interview. It goes through the whole process but I only get back three lines. No in/out point set when uploaded. Even what came back isn't what was said either. Are there any tips and tricks for this feature?

Thanks

Nathan

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan,

I've had some results that were great, others, not so great. How's the quality and clarity of the audio on the file?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kevin, Great to be actually corresponding with you rather than just reading all your replies! Audio file should be pretty good. I uploaded the lav track, the boom track, and a mix all seperately. Same results every time. Interview was inside in a smallish room. I tried the transcription on other interviews and it worked great. Just trying to figure out on this one why its being weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NP, Nathan.

Think I'd better run this one by the big brains. Please PM me if I don't get back to you within 24 hrs.

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nathan,

Do you have a sample file you can share? That would help as engineering has not seen your issue yet.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can do! The original wav file is larger than 47MB so I included a link. I also put in that folder a screen grab of the sequence, sequence settings and the resulting transcript. I've repeated the results on a completely different computer and adobe account just in case. I've also brought this file into a new project and also got the same results.

https://twincitiespbs-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/nreopelle_tpt_org/EhvD8_87JQlKvkiDNNsgMMEBaI2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan,

I handed your materials off. Waiting to hear back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan,

I received your media files from Kevin and just ran a transcription on your audio file - the result looks very good on my end and the whole sequence has been transcribed as expected. Then I checked the transcript that you attached; the transcript randomly starts around 00:59:33:01 in the interview, so just the last part has been transcribed. It also includes more content that seems to belong to another audio file, is that possible? The audio file you sent ends with "Just how old was she at that time?" at around 01:00:48:26. Your screenshot also shows a second audio clip added after that so this is probably what you're seeing in your transcript (but I don't since I only have the first audio file), so could you please double check which audio files you want transcribed in that sequence? 

That still doesn't explain why you're not getting the whole transcript, so I just want to make sure that no In/Out Points are set. Also, when you open the Transcript dialog, which "Audio on track" option do you select? Could you attach a screenshot of your "Create Transcript" dialog settings?

Thanks,

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Kerstin,

Thank you for taking a look at this weirdness.

"It also includes more content that seems to belong to another audio file, is that possible?" - it seemed like the it transcribed the second part of the audio correctly which is why I didn't include it. It seemed like the transcription was just being thrown off by the first audio clip.

"...want to make sure that no In/Out Points are set." No in/out points are set.  ""which "Audio on track" option do you select?"" - I've done both mix, Audio 1 seperately, and Audio 2 seperately. It originally was a multi-clip (like the second clip on the timeline) but when that failed I just put the original there. I've even tried putting it on a new sequence, putting it in a new project, and just starting a new project on a different computer. To me, it seemed like a premiere bug rather than something I was doing wrong. I've since moved on but I was looking for answers to work around when something like this happens in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum: I've gotten new interviews and roughly the same thing happened for 3 out of the 4. Transcript only comes back with a partial part (like 5%) of the larger interview. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nathan,

sorry to hear that this keeps happening. I'm sending you a DM right now for more technical info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue as Nathan. Transcript  coming back only partial. Omitting the clearest voice in the sequence. each time it is heard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to somehow be happening to me here in 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@kit.kohler,

What version of PR are you using? In particular, is it the newest release 23.4.0 that has Text-based editing and transcription of source media as well as static transcriptions of sequences?

This is an old thread, and we need more information. Screenshots might also help.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines