• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcription taking a long time.

Participant ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My subject is speaking Spanish. Transcribing to English to use as captions in PremierPro. Using audio track only (A1) and transcribing only from in-point to out-point. The clip is 48 seconds in duration. The transcription appears to be stuck. Showing "Creating auto transcription... Initializing local transcription engine." It has now been running for about 15 minutes. Should it take that long?

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_0WwdkGZsWU.png

Photoshop_lC3NH324xB.png

***Please note: the selected audio track (A1) is from a MULTI-CAMERA SEQUENCE. Not sure if that should have any adverse effect.

Thanks in advance....

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/inicializando-el-motor-de-transcripci%C3%B3n-local/m-p/12756310#M395633

What version of PR are you running? Is it an English installation?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OldScout,

> My subject is speaking Spanish. Transcribing to English to use as captions in PremierPro. 

I'm not sure what you mean. The audio/speech is Spanish. You can only create a spanish transcription using the PR speech to text. Then you will  create a translation?

Your operating system is English or Spanish? You have the spanish language pack downloaded?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/inicializando-el-motor-de-transcripci%C3%B3n...

I have not tried a multicam track, but it should work. I might try exporting that segment to wav and importing that for speech to text.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must have overlooked something because after I tried a few more times, it worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting back.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. transcribing in premiere pro is taking so long. what did you do to work it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm only transcribing myself, an English speaker, to English in a 3-second audio clip. The video is only around 2 mins 50 secs in length. It keeps getting stuck on "Beginning Language Pack Download". I'm new to Premiere Pro, does anyone know how to exit to try again or what I can do to solve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/inicializando-el-motor-de-transcripci%C3%B3n...

What version of PR are you running? Is it an English installation?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines