• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transcriptions - Include Speakers in EXPORT TO TEXT FILE?

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying out the new transcription function and I'm wondering if there's a way to include the speaker's in the text file export?  The speakers are not identified in the text file.   Would be much more useful as a transcript.

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Hi all! Just updating this thread with the latest information. As of Premiere Pro 22.0 you can export a .TXT file that includes timecodes and speakers. Here is a video tutorial on how to do that! 

If you do not want to see speakers and timecodes in your transcript export, export the video as a .CSV to open it, copy the text out of there and paste it into a word processor application. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a hot request already on Uservoice. Head over there and add your vote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that Premiere added what you where asking for, now I ask, is there a way to export the transcript WITHOUT speakers and timecode?

I need to get a .doc file with just the transcript. I don't know if they moved that somewhere (I tried .txt, .csv, exporting the captions, etc. but all those options have speakers and timecode).

It would be usefull to have both options to fit all case scenarios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my response in your other post (use the csv; copy column):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/export-transcript-as-word-file-without-speak...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all! Just updating this thread with the latest information. As of Premiere Pro 22.0 you can export a .TXT file that includes timecodes and speakers. Here is a video tutorial on how to do that! 

If you do not want to see speakers and timecodes in your transcript export, export the video as a .CSV to open it, copy the text out of there and paste it into a word processor application. 

Premiere Pro has a speech-to-text feature that can automatically transcribe your videos. After you have the transcription, feel free to export it to be printed, archived, or edited in other word-processing software. 0:00 Intro 0:03 Open the Text panel 0:10 Export the transcript 🔔 Subscribe and ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines