• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform effect not working.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a problem with Transform effect in Premier Pro 2018 CC? It worked fine the first time I applied the effect in the timeline, but after I exported the video I realized none of the transform effects were applied to the video. I went back to the project, and it looks like it doesn't work on the existing clips in the timeline. If add a new clip in the timeline, it works fine.

Is this a bug? or am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to create the motion blur effect with Transform(Distort) by key-framing the scale property from 100 to 130.

This is not the first time I'm having problems. Last time Premier crashed and when I opened it back the Transform effect wouldn't work. The way I got around was by opening one of the autosave files before the crash.

Here's a screen recording of what's going on.

https://youtu.be/THnxirL5p8U

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the effect working fine in version 12.1 on Windows 10 Pro (1709).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to nest your cut then apply transform and it will work fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me either, does not work nested or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regret updating so badly now. I have several projects which are completely ruined and cannot be fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes.  you can thank The Bill Gates Gang for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to Project Settings > General > Video Rendering and Playback > Renderer: Mercury Playback Engine Software Only and not using GPU acceleration options has helped me, even without nesting. Nesting worked once with GPU options but software acceleration at least shows the playback as expected so far for me. My NVIDIA graphics card doesn't play well with Premiere is my guess and has trouble processing some features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This finally works once I tried this. I also had to turn off the "Use Composition's Shutter Angle" for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Nesting the clips and changing the project settings worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. But it's so annoying how we have to work around these defects in Premiere to get basic effects to work.. If only Premiere did its job how it's supposed to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow this is ridiculous. You can't keyframe any movement at all using transform effect OR motion, nested or not. How is this possible? You literally can't animate. Can i get money back on my subscription for all the features that don't work? This is very basic and I have no idea how to keyframe movement if you just literally can't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere is acting weird trash preferences.

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Have been troublet the whole intire day finding out what the issue was. I tried nesting, it worked partly - and for some weird ass reason if you're doing scaling with the transform effect you can't start the scale at 0. So that worked.. but why... whyyyyy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agreed, Still not able to animate 2 keyframes. How do they publish this trash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nesting is your best friend.

Of course, if resetting the preferences does not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Much like these forums, Adobe won't be of much help. Unfortunately, all you can do is toggle back and forth between your graphics card and the incredibly slow "Software Only" option. Nesting helps but barely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines