Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transition acts like effect

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To express it simple: If I want to apply a transition, it acts like an effect. My problem is not that the transition just sticks to one of the side of one of the videos. When I want to apply a transition, it looks 100% the same as if it would be a normal effect. If I apply it like that, I can normally edit it like an effect, but visually nothing happens.

The only transitions that seems to be working is Film_Dissolve.

I am currently using Premiere Pro 15.4.5

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What transitions are you attempting to use? Anything under the Video Transitions menu in Effects should apply to an edit point, assuming you have handles on each side of the clip.  

If you are working with non-native presets, then those will not usually behave like a native transition. Often those are applied to Adjustment Layers. But if you are downloading presets and transitions from other people or third-party companies, then they should provide instructions for how they are used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A normal Film Dissolve transition works, if I try to use a Sapphire or BCC Transition (for example S_DissolveLuma or S_DissolveFilm), it behaves like a effect.

I used them without any issue for over a year. I am aware of transitions that are applied on an adjustment layer, but for example S_DissolveFilm worked just like the normal Film Dissolve from Premiere.

When I go into an older Project File of mine, where the transitions were correctly applied and working, now the transitions are still there but not dragable or editable in any way and they are just not working anymore.

What could also be importaint is that I recently had a lot of crashing and redscreen issues with Premiere, but finally fixed them all through changing some settings, reinstalling Premiere and Plugins, and messing around a little bit. I tried resetting some of these changes but nothing fixed my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems more like an issue with the plugin, to me. You might try Sapphire's support if you've exhausted the reinstallation options on that side of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem for nearly all Plugin transitions. Sapphire transitions are just the only ones listed on my screenshot, because I didn´t use others like BCC transitions in that specific project file before. I don´t think the error is caused by Sapphrie, and even if it was and if I would somehow fix it, I still would have the issue with other Plugins like BCC´s.

Is there maybe any general advise you have for solving issues where Premiere tells you that something is missing, other then reinstalling or contacting the support? Can this error pop of for any other reasons except that the effect/transition is really missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lasse,

I've seen a warning if an effect is required for the sequence but was missing before. The effect needed to be reinstalled.

I have rarely, if ever, seen a third-party transition act like an effect when it was designed as a transition.

If reinstallation is not working for you for both these problems, contact the support line for Sapphire or BCC effects, as Phillip suggests. Let us know what they say.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the Media Cache and Media Cache files:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-clear-your-media-cache-in-30-seconds-in-premi...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site. If NVIDIA, do a clean installation of the latest Studio Driver (NOT the Game Driver)

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting my media cache files and resetting my preferences, an error popped of. The two listed transistions were the two I used earlier in this project, that were concerned by the issue I have.

I can´t imagine them really be missing, because there are more transitions from different Plugins that also somehow would be missing (I havent used them in this project, so they are not listed, but I had the exact same error with them). I anyway reinstalled the concerned Plugin and the same error massage poppe of again.

So in the end, its very likely that the transitions are not really "missing". (I guess for some reason Premiere doesn´t find them or is unable to import them or something, I don´t know.)

Is there anything I could do to make Premiere "find them"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines