Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transition Dissolve Question

Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The question I got from a viewer on YouTube was to do with the transitions from one scene into another.

I use Dissolve / Cross Dissolve

User asked  "is there something you can do to not have the video go dark each time you...."

I use dissovle in all the videos as the habit. I never thought that that short black transition was a bother.

Here is an example of what is the 'habit' the cross dissolve. The user wants a dissolve with no effects....

Let me know if the user is advancing an unreasonble request. 

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/CAI-h-RgqAw 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

After watching the video, I believe that going into black is more appealing and serves better the feeling of the video. A single viewer's opinion may be misleading sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a one second overlap in the timeline and center your dissolve you should see black but see the first shot mix into the second shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After watching the video, I believe that going into black is more appealing and serves better the feeling of the video. A single viewer's opinion may be misleading sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines