• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transition effect controls not showing

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, when I select a transition that has been added to a clip, it doesn't show the effect contols options anymore.
What could be the possible fix here?

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 15.46.27.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

I just found out its by design. It only affects dip to white and dip to black.

No more controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi irma,

Please elaborate your issue & let us know which option you are not able to see in the latest version.

This is what I see at my end:

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used this control to affect the behavior of the Dip to White transition on a daily basis.  I desperately need those controls back for both future and past projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the controls are missing, the same goes for Dip to Black.

The source also does not show.

Might be intentional as Dip to white/black is best used as a double sided transition.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The available controls will vary by transition.  Which one are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dip to white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with that one, Ann.  What options should be there which aren't?

What I can report is that transitions I have used still show the familiar options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out its by design. It only affects dip to white and dip to black.

No more controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Still curious, though.  What controls used to be there?  These seem pretty simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dip to white.png

dip to black.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the difference, but...are those previews actually "controls"?  Does not having them affect what you can do using the transition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN 2017 the sliders let you set the starting and ending point.

Quite useful as dip to white/black is imo not really suited as a single sided transition, rather as a double side transition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dip to white sliders.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.

But...can you not also set the start and end points by changing the actual start and end of the transition?  Do the lost options behave differently than changing the transition duration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a workaround?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keyframe a white color matte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the post - I am facing same problem and now know that giving up is the best approach. That sucks - a dip from white in 2017 was something that took very few inputs and had me keeping a good pace during editing. I like uncluttered timelines and this is a step backwards in my opinion. Will take me longer too looks like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try to twirl open the white arrow in the picture under where it says "Hub Dip to White?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,     PLEASE PLEASE PUT THIS BACK INTO PREMIERE.  Needs these controls back.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be changed back to how it was. This has seriously affected my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple solution — use "Additive Dissolve" instead. Same effect as dip to black with the original controls that we all love. Screen Shot 2018-12-21 at 10.09.33 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with the Whip transition, no effect controls or source. It's default right now is moving west to east but I need it reversed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is 100% my issue! I want to mimic the swipe of a social tile in the direction you would swipe. UGH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines