• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitions making my video dissapear

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to apply a transition between two video clips, the part of the video layer that should be in the transition just goes completely blank. Once the transition ends, the footage comes back. Other layers play normally during this. The transition I'm trying to use is VR Random Blocks, but this actually happens with multiple transitions, including non VR/immersive ones. There are some that do seem to work for whatever reason. Also, that exact transition works in the same exact spot on another layer below.

Any ideas? So far I've tried rendering that part of the footage and no luck. I also was told it could be due to my opacity mask but I've turned that off and still no luck.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Timothy,

Can you trim both sides of the edit by fifteen frames, then close the gap? After, add the transition and see how it behaves. You might not have enough handles (excess media beyond in and out points) on the clips.

Thanks.
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it wasn't this but I did solve it - there is a glitch that made my opacity mask incompatible with the transition. Once I removed the mask, the transition worked again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines