• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transitions render in preview but aren't in export

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one of the weirdest glitches I've seen. I've been using Premiere for years and have always found an answer somewhere, but this may be a new one. 

I have a commercial for a client that I'm working on. It's fast paced and transitions are used everywhere. We use custom made transitions on adjustment layers for this client, and have been doing so for about a year. 

I'm running into a weird thing where the transition is populating on the program monitor and rendering in Premiere, but isn't showing up in the final export. It just cuts from one clip to the next. 

But, of the 6 transitions in the timeline, only 2 are not working. The other 4 are fine. 

I've updated Premiere, uninstalled and reinstalled, copied the sequence, changed sequence settings, changed export settings, duplicated the sequence, copied the files manually from one sequence to the next, turned my computer on and off again, and of course, checked to make sure the layers are not hidden. 

Any ideas? Or is this just a glitch? 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these real transitions or transition effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're keyframed transitions on adjustment layers, but do not use any of Premiere's preset transition effects. 

For instance, I have Offset, Lens Distortion, and Fast Blur on one of the adjustment layers that is not exporting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they are transition effects.

Delete from timeline and re apply.

If not working, export just the section of the timeline to intermediate codec and put that on the timeline. Then do the final export.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried smart rendering?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

to summarize, in your sequence settings, set your preview format to a high quality codec (best to match your output format), render your entire timeline and then when you export make sure "use previews" is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this happen to me before and it was because I had Optical Flow selected as the blending mode.  I changed that to Frame Sampling or Frame Blending and now my transitions show up where they are supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you lose the optical flow. Shouldn't be necessary.  What are the properties of your clips and sequence?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes, stacking multiple effects (optical flow and XYZ) can cause problems.

A solution that often works is using nesting and applying one effect per nest.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines