• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translation issue: Effect <Blackmagic RAW> on Clip <sCLIP NAME> not translated

Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this error message when exporting XML from Premiere on all clips. The funny thing is that I tried the process before for the same project and didn't have an issue, exported XML then imported it in Resolve with no problem. Now that my edit is done I get the error when creating the XML.

I am using 6k BRAW files from the BMPCC6K at 23.976 FPS with no effects applied, just a clip after the other (no transitions, no scale, clean clips). 

the only difference is that when I tried the first time the timeline in Premiere was HD and not 6K and I already tried the same settings as the previous project that worked and same and I'm getting the same errors. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you import a BRAW file in Premiere Pro, there is automatically a "Source Settings" effect which is applied to the master tab of your ProjectItem. It's a PremierePro effect which is used to change the BRAW Settings of your clip. 

When you export your XML from PremierePro, the PremierePro effects can't be put inside this XML because they don't have equivalence between all NLEs (video editing softwares). In that case, you will see this kind of errors in the report after exporting XML (Translation issue: Effect <Effect Name> on Clip <CLIP NAME> not translated).

So that's totally fine and normal that you have this "error" in the report. You XML is still valid, but the BRAW Settings you changed in PPro will be lost in this XML. An option for not loosing those change is to export the Settings in a sidecar file (there is a button for that in the Source Settings effect). 

The problem with XML, is when the BRAW timecode is not good in PPro. When importing the XML in Resolve, it will be impossible to loads the clips with the wrong timecode (because the wrong timecode deduced with PPro will be exported into the XML and Resolve doesn't like when there is a wrong timecode). If you are in this case, there are options in BRAW Studio (our Autokroma BRAW Plugin) to correct automatically those errors in the XML. 

Note that it you have other troubles with BRAW in PremierePro with the Blackmagic Plugin, or if you want more features with BRAW files, you should give a try to BRAW Studio. Here is an article with the differences with the free BMD plugin.

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

Could you please explain step by step how to do this: "An option for not loosing those change is to export the Settings in a sidecar file (there is a button for that in the Source Settings effect)."

P.S. Unfortunately I can't afford Autokroma plugin, so I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

In Premiere Pro, if you are working with the BMD free plugin, in the Project Panel, double click on each BRAW files you see and do the following steps for each of them :

• After double clicking on the BRAW project item, in the "Effect Control Panels", at the top go to the "Source" tab to access the BRAW Source Settings.
  • If you didn't change those Source Settings (s if the option "Decode Using" is at  "Camera Metadata"), you don't need to do anything.
  • If you changed those Source Settings (you switched "Decode Using" to "Clip" and changed the other param), then just click on the "Save Sidecar" button. 

By doing this, a "sidecar" file will be created next to your braw file, with the settings you changed. When importing the BRAW file in DV Resolve (or any software actually which supports BRAW), the change in the sidecar file will be loaded automatically (if you move the files be careful to let the sidecar file next to the BRAW files !).

With the BMD plugin, it's a bit difficult painful to do this (you will need to click on EACH braw files in your project so it can be a long task) depending on the number of BRAW you are using. In our Autokroma BRAW Studio plugin, you can do this quicker by selecting all your files and click on "Export Sidecar" in the BRAW Studio panel.

Also, exporting FCP XML from PrPro can be a problem if you are working with BRAW files at 29.97fps and NDF timecodes. Same here, with BRAW Studio we have some workaround for this (here is a detailed article about the problem : https://www.autokroma.com/blog/BRAW-Studio-Export-XML-DaVinci-Resolve)

Best,

Nicolas from Autokroma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines