• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transmit Issues

Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started my first major project with 22.1.2 (also 22.3.0 Beta). Using standard Rec 709 footage from a Sony EX camera with Transmit on I'm getting a huge number of dropped frames on playback. This is where the transmit output is set to my BM Decklink 4K card or any of my PC screens. With transmit off all is fine. The exact same footage and hardware works fine in CS6, 2020 and 2021 versions. I have manually cleared the cache, all audio ASIO hardware seems correct and the PC is set to software only render. The issue is also there when playing back the inbuilt counting leader but all is fine playing back bars and tone.

I9-9900k

64GB Ram

All footage 1980x1020 25i on M2

GTX 2070 Super Driver 511.09

Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22000

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is this AVC footage? try transcoding to cineform to see if its codec related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Some H.264 codecs are hard to playback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's standard Mpeg2 in a MP4 wrapper, I've had no problems since CS5 with this cameras footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have found what might be causing the issue. When starting Premiere after a PC restart the program doesn't detect the Cuda card and defaults to Open CL and the project settings don't list Cuda as an option. If I close and restart Premiere Cuda is found and all is (almost) well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard,

I think that's still a long-GOP footage, and with the new version seeming to put higher demands on all systems for everything, you might need to proxy that now.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines