Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trapped Between Software and Hardware Rendering

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! 

So I recently finished my first project in adobe premiere; a video just under 30 minutes in length. I found almost immediately upon exporting, that various files, mostly jpegs, didn't rendor correctly, and ended up as glitched out photos when viewed in the final presentation. This wasn't the case for most of the videos files, but it was common enough an occurance that I felt like I needed it resolved.

So a few guides later I concluded that I may need to switch my Rendoring Process to Software only. Both were on Hardware when the glitches occured, so I figured this might resolve the problem. However upon switching to Software render, my computer crashed after a minute! This was true if I switched the settings to software by both File > Project Settings > General, and by just checking the dropdown menu upon export, however the latter crashed after getting a larger chunk of the video rendered. Not enough to finish the final project, however, and that brings me here. 

I need some insight into what actions I can perform to create a successful rendor in either software or hardware processing, w/o the solution being just switching between the two. If I use hardware, my files glitch out. If I use software, my PC wont stand a chance. If anybody has a solution to this problem, I'd sincerely appreciate some guidance!

Some of my specs:

Processor AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega Graphics 4.05 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID 17FA4088-986D-4FB3-8D29-F5EA4C45B0ED
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA865
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only use software encoding because of transition glitches, jaggy text, and blocky footage.  I export 4k to HD, so software encoding has far better video quality.  Hope that helps or gives clues to your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure if you read the content of my post here, but I'm willing to take some blame in that, since I gave a rather unfitting title in retrospect. Understand, however, that I'm not asking which is the prefered method of encoding; I'm saying that I'm having problems with each of them, and I need at least 1 of the two resolved somehow. In the case of software encoding, which is the one you recommended, I can't render a complete file before my system crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Save the jpegs as psd or tiff and then import into Premiere Pro.

Then replace the jpegs on the timeline with the psds or tiffs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines