• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Trim flags in filler suddenly stopped working in Premiere 23.1.0 (MacOS)

Enthusiast ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pre 23.1.0 for Mac, trim flags placed in filler will disappear if after a trim.

Happens both in on-the-fly trim mode (setting trim flags on the timeleine outside of official trim mode) and in trim mode (when, say using the +1, -1, +5, -5 buttons)

Makes for a number of problems, particularly on asymmetric trims. If you put a yellow trim flag on on B-Side (i.e. in filler) at tails of a clip on a video track, and A-Side of a a number of audio tracks (not in filler), on first frame of trim (let's say -1), that asymmetric trim will function as expected (Picture will move back 1 frame, audio forward 1 frame), BUT the flag on the video track will have disappeared (images below)

As a result (by example), subsequent -1 trims will move audio back one frame (undoing the forward trim above), and originally-intended trim on the video track becomes an implied (guessed-at-by-Premiere) trim on the video track, which is likely to be at heads on a video clip, where your intention was to handle tails of that very same clip.

TrimProblem1.jpg      TrimProblem2.jpg

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Premiopolis,

Have you tested this in a new sequence or project? How about with other media? I hope we can find the missing piece to this workflow puzzle.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, good suggestion.  Just tried both: New sequence in a new project.

I half-expected that to be the solution, but no such luck: Yellow trim flags in filler still disappear.

(FWIW I also tried using different keyboard settings (Adobe default), just in case.  No fix there either.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue. M1 max macbook pro. OS 13.1, premiere 23.1

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines