Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Trouble exporting after updating to Premiere Pro 15.4.1

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah..... so about that update...

I can't seem to render out a simple 1080p 2 minute video clip....   Basically, at all now? 

Don't even start in with you — about my GPU or Memory etc.   I have an MSI GS66 laptop.  You can look up the specs.   

I updated Media Encoder, Premier, Rush and whatever the— else yesterday.   And now today, a 1080p VBR1 at 20m is taking 40-60 minutes in Premier (but wont finish), and it won't even start reporting a summary in Media Encoder when i try to send the file there for export.  

WTF.  Again.  Adobe.   And you know what?  This always seems to happen right when I'm trying to render out a simple — video for a client on a deadline.  Then I look like an idiot to the client who already paid half.  And I'm over here counting on the other half to pay my car payment tomorrow.

And  you guys are like,  Nah fam.  — your Client and your export.  

I've been a CC subscriber since 2018.  And at least 2-3 times a year, you guys find a way to screw me on a freelance gig at the very end when I need to just deliver an .mp4 file.   

So.... Anyone else having problems with Exporting after the update? 

What can we do here.  Final Cut is looking real good lately.  But you guys got me on that brand loyalty.  And for all the previous MESS UPS in my Video Directing/ Editing Career, I already get the whole Creative Cloud for like $30 a month as your way of saying sorry for costing me a good 3-4 clients that won't book me again because of software issues with Premier.  

What can we do?

-Mr. Shaw

Director/Owner 

Moderator Note: Please do not use profanity or even allude to profanity. We have minors reading here. Forum Guidelines -  Your personal info was removed. Thanks!

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mr. Shaw,

Sorry about the export issue you are facing.

Don't even start in with you — about my GPU or Memory etc.   I have an MSI GS66 laptop. 

This is a user to user support forum. I manage this particular community and try and find people help if I can. I am not a dev or on the Premiere Pro team, but I am in support and have lots of editing experience. I'm hoping to solve your issue using some troubleshooting steps.

WTF.  Again.  Adobe. ow.

2-3 times a year, you guys find a way to screw me

Final Cut is looking real good lately.  

your way of saying sorry.

What can we do?

If you want to complain to the people that work on Premiere Pro, it's better to post your feedback here. Here, you'll find fellow editors trying to help you out instead, good folks. Unfortunately, complaints like this are not exactly considered the way this forum is organized. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

If you wish to file a support ticket and get 1 > 1 help with our agents, let me know with a PM, and I can hook you up with a call back, which may take a little time (sorry about that).

One thing that helped an export on a case I was just working on inovolved first deleting all of the media cache. Then, the export went like butter. For me, deleting all media cache is a common troubleshooting step, but I learned that some editors are unaware of how important an updated and clean media cache is or how to get one for their current sequence, which is likely the one that needs help!

Have you tried this?

How to clean ALL media cache tips:
First: The important step that most people miss: Close All Projects! Please close all projects first in order to delete all media cache correctly. Choose File > Close All Projects. You get the Home screen. There, you can choose Edit > Preferences > Media Cache. In the dialog box that launches when you click "Delete," choose the option to delete ALL media cache from the system, that's the second option not the first, so beware. Click OK and let the media cache be deleted.

Restart Premiere Pro with Alt/Option pressed down if you want to delete Preferences too (optional). This is recommended if you are having any unexplained errors. Then, launch the project and set up Premiere Pro to export. Let us know if your export works now or not.

Hope that helped.

Regards,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines