• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Importing AE Project to Premier Pro.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I'm having difficulty importing a project that I created in After Effects to Premiere Pro. When I try to import the project into Pr, I can view the entire project but there is no playback. Is there a problem with the way I saved the file on AE? Or am I doing something wrong in Premier? Any help would be much appreciated. 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ae projects within Premiere need to be rendered first (they need a lot of horse power).

If you do not intend to edit this project with in Premiere,

you best export the project from Ae to an intermediate file and use that in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! I'll render the project and see how that works. 

If I wanted to edit the project in premier, what would you suggest I do first? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't think you can do much, but get a super-duper machine.

I never use Dynamic Link. Too tacking on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ae projects do not need to be rendered first, Ann. That is poor advice and runs contrary to what dynamic linking is all about. You do need a system with enough horse power.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not poor advice if DL does not do what it suppose to do the exporting the project is the way to go.

My machine cannot handle DL do you think I am going to buy a better machine just for DL. Dont think so.

Its like saying buy a better machine and you dont have to use proxies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You advise the OP that Aep files need to be rendered first. That is only true if your system is unable to handle dynamic linking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing that is what the situation of the OP is. Machine not powerfull enough.

@cameronh60383493 

What are your systemspecs.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro with 32g of RAM. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can perfectly use dynamic linking between PPro and Ae. In fact, that is probably one of the key benefits of working with Adobe Video apps: being able to switch back and forth between the apps to adjust timing of an animation without the need for intermediate rendering of files.

Of course you will need somewhat of a beefy machine for this to work properly. Since Ae loves RAM, I would advise at least 32 GB (but my machine has 128 GB) and a decent GPU (I still use a GT 1080 card from nVidia).

One thing you also have to make sure of: are both PPro and Ae updated to the latest versions? And have you opened up and saved the Aep file with the latest installment of After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Richard van den Boogaard wrote:

One thing you also have to make sure of: are both PPro and Ae updated to the latest versions? And have you opened up and saved the Aep file with the latest installment of After Effects?

^^^^

This.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So both apps are up to date and I'm working with a MacBook Pro that has 32g of RAM. I can try rendering the file but I want to be able to make adjustments to the project (changing text) within premier. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll try using dynamic links between Premier Pro and After Effects. I may also have to create a transparent background in my AE project as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines