• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble pasting into selected track when copying from a sequence

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me: I'm using the latest Premiere Pro CC (long-time user) on Windows 10. 

Problem: How can I select which track will receive my clipboard-pasted items?

Tried already: Previously, I could select which track my copy/paste would paste into by selecting the track by clicking V3, for example, and paste into track 3. Now, with V3 selected and V2 not selected, Premiere pastes into V2 even if not selected. The only way to keep it from not pasting into V2 is to lock V2. Also, V1 is selected and locked. I know about using Alt to copy, but this is from sequence to sequence. How can I select which track will receive my pasted items? Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

This is an old thread. I assume you have updated to PR 22.5? See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/track-targeting-broken/m-p/13057703#M420574

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Fixed: change the DEFAULT paste settings in KEYBOARD short cuts. Use 'paste to target track'. 

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 3.35.27 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open two timelines (pancake).

Drag the clip from one sequence into the other sequence.

You need to target the track.

source patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just make sure that the target track is the only one enabled on the program side of the patch panel

2020-08-27 (1).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, sir! Think he said he tried that, M. I was thinking it might be a corrupt sequence, perhaps updated from a previous version or the like.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

too quick on the reply button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenneth,

Sorry about this. You said: Now, with V3 selected and V2 not selected, Premiere pastes into V2 even if not selected. 

This seems like buggy behavior because I'm not seeing what you are seeing. When I copy a clip from V2 on Sequence 1, and have V3 but not V2 selected, it pastes into V2.

I think one or the other sequence may be corrupted. I think that pasting the clips into a brand new sequence may help. If that does not work, first sync settings, then, try trashing preferences. 

If this persists, file a bug here. Please feel free to ask further questions on this topic or to follow up.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This makes sense. I re-use template files that I've setup from previous projects. I'll try from a new sequence and see. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  I can't select the track to paste clips into from two different sequences.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an old thread. I assume you have updated to PR 22.5? See this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/track-targeting-broken/m-p/13057703#M420574

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed: change the DEFAULT paste settings in KEYBOARD short cuts. Use 'paste to target track'. 

Screenshot 2022-12-09 at 3.35.27 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This!!! The correct answer took a couple years lol. When you paste a clip from another sequence, it copies the attributes of that sequence and pastes to what track it was on in that one. Switching the paste command to choose target sequence fixes that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solution.  I often just paste at the end of my sequence and then drag it to where I want it to be...    but always good to get a sense of the programmers' "logic" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why would this ever be changed??? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines