• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble playing, rendering and generally woking with Mogrt files.

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a MacBook Pro, M1 Pro chip, 32 GB Ram. When using certain, admittedly more complex Mogrt files, Premier Pro runs incredible slow making it impossible to edit. I would have thought with the specs of my MacBook, it should be more than capable to handle downloaded Mogrt files. I test rendered 60 frames and it took nearly 40 minutes, it could then play around 2 and a half seconds with ease. But as I'm sure you're aware, any change i then made, it would all need to be rendered again to see those changes. 

Can anybody shed some light as to what is required for Essential Graphics to run smoothly and actually be usable? Is it something I could be doing wrong with the program, or do they take an insane amount of computing power?

The particular file in question that has driven me to seek help is an animation for photos. So you import the images in the edit tab in Essential Graphics. But, the problem exsits befor any importing or edited. Simply putting the Mogrt file in the sequence (of a new, empty project) is enough.

Hope somebody can help, thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you check the renderer in project settings?

and, try to go to sequence settings - video previews and change to Quick Time codecs and presets 

instead of H.264.

did you update to the latest version of premiere pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The renderer in Project Settings is set to 'Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (Metal)' with Preview Cache set to 'None'. This section is also greyed out and I cannot make any changes.

The Video Previews section is set to 'QuickTime' and the only other option is 'I-Frame Only MPEG'. There is no H.264 option.

Premier Pro is currently up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, I'm also having a similar problem with the mogrts. I can't even get them to load simple text and exporting is taking hours. Did you ever sort out a way of working with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines