• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Trouble recording voice over tracks in multi cam sequence (only left speaker)

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, hoping someone has a fix for this because it's driving me crazy. 

I want to record a voiceover for some multi cam sequences. I don't need ANY of the audio from the original recordings--they are just for the visuals so I can do a voice over later. The audio from the original recordings comes through both speakers, but when I set up my mic and start doing a voice over the audio will ONLY come out of the left speaker. 

I've tried modifying settings but the standard L/R audio channels aren't there, it just says "channel 1" 

Right now I'm thinking the only way I can do this is to record my audio voice over separately and then add it to the multicam sequence and then edit the video angles, but that is really going to interupt my overall flow/process. I am fairly new to using premiere so apologies if any of the terminology is wrong here. Basically, I want to use a multicam sequence and click "voice over" and have it come out of both speakers--that shouldn't be so hard!! 

THANK YOU in advance!

Alex 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One puzzling thing starting out is getting audio tracks set up right. As if your sequence is stereo and channel 1 is left, channel 2 right, and your recording ID only going to channel 1 ... well, that's what you're getting.

So check your sequence audio settings. Stereo, mono, adaptive, 5.1, what are they? If you can find the pics showing the icons, the track headers have little symbols for each type track.

Make a screengrab of the timeline track header block. Drag/drop that onto your text reply box here, and we can see what you've got.

And there's also audio effects like Fill Left from Right, and Fill Right from Left, that can be useful.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines