• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble synching 24fps with 23.976

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. I have a Panasonic G9 and a Panasonic GH4. The G9 shoots at 23.976 and the GH4 shoots at 24 fps. I use the 24p footage to create a sequence (Create Sequence from Clip), and then I bring it all in first. Then I interpret the 23.976 footage to 24fps (Modify > Interpret Footage). I thought this was all I needed to do in the past to synch the two but recently there's been some time slippage over the length of a recording. It's almost like the interpret footage function isn't having an effect. 

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? 

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you be more specific on what you mean by "Time Slippage." When they say 24 frames a second it is rounded up from a slightly slower number so Premiere may be working the way that it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, and thanks for reaching out. 

By "Time Slippage" I mean that the 23.976fps clips goes out of synch compared against the 24fps footage at a rate of 9 frames every 5 minutes. If I wanted to have them synch up, I would have to adjust the speed of the 23.976fps footage to apx 99.9% in order to maintain the synch between the footage. This is exactly the "slippage" that would occur if I hadn't interpretted the 23.976 footage to 24.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another way of saying it is that if both cameras shot for exactly an hour, and I followed my process outlined above, I would have the 24fps footage ending at exactly an hour, but the re-interpretted 23.976fp footage would end at 59:54:00. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you don't interpret the footage and just drop it on the 24fps timeline. They should run the same length by doing that but you might get the odd frame skip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

true, if you interpret it at a different fps, the duration will change. if you want the same duration, try turning on optical frame interpolation on the individual clips.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/how-to/mixed-frame-rates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines