Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with ghosting/artifacts when applying Lumetri Color effect

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello experts!

I'm having a strange issue when I apply Lumetri Color to an otherwise completely ordinary clip.

Attached you can see the original frame, and what looks like when corrected with the Lumetri Color. As soon as I render In to Out it changes to the third image, with all that strange artifacting.

I can re-sample white balance from literally the same spot and it appears correct in the timeline.  I can even play it back in preview quality...  until the next render, when the issue comes back.

Same camera and formatting as other projects, never seen this before!

I'm stumped.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention...  Working with native framerates here.  No interpolation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I figured it out!  It was the SHARPEN setting in Lumetri Color.  The bug here is that does not seem to appear in preview.  You only see the effect when you render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, you gotta be careful with Sharpen ... and also, in the Curves tab, don't ever take any point on the bottom two HSL curves up above the center, starting line, These are the Luma v Sat and Sat v Sat.

Going above the center line can force super-blacks and/or super-whites that are "outside" acceptable bounds.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines