• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to create proxies with multiple audio channels intact

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... Iam trying to create low resolution proxy files from Sony FX6 .MXF files that will keep the multiple audio channels intact... Every which way i try the proxy mixes them down to a single audio track... i see i can turn them on and off in the audio channel drop down menu... but is there not a way i can create an easier to edit proxy file but keep all my audio channels as they are on the full resolution clip. 

I have tried everything I've found on teh forum and yotuube...none of which solve the issue.

Thanks

C

I am using a macbook OS12.4 , Premiere 2022.

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Here's a question then: 

If you are creating proxies for a feature or something long and you have 2nd system audio with 4-6 tracks of audio, is there a way to make those 4-6 tracks only 1-2 tracks inside your video proxies and later relink audio back for sound mixing? 

In other words: if you created daillies/proxies with the 2nd system audio baked in to the proxies will you be able to relink full res audio files later for mixing? 

I read a forum where they claimed this was how it's done now a days

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you created your own full proxy setup, with an encoding preset that you made, then included in a proxy preset that you made?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, not my thing, but I happened across the reference page for this on that other thread.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/ingest-proxy-workflow.html

In How to create a new ingest preset, Step 1, it says:

"Audio settings in Adobe Media Encoder presets are ignored when transcoding or creating proxies via ingest."

Does that mean you can't have such proxies? Or just that you have to create them without using ingest/ingest preset?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow ... this has been the proper process for years ... used to make sure that multi-channel audio video files can get usable proxies.

I've only had a couple times where I needed to work with making extra channel presets to get proxies going, both back around 2019 or so. And did so, though it took some time to get everything absolutely correct.

Wonder if @Jarle Leirpoll could pop in and advise?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't use Ingest to create proxies - but I'd love to know the answer. Maybe Wes or Matt could chime in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I toally followed this workflow Stan and it still mixes down the audio. You cannot create video only proxies... which really is what we want...surely... why would you want all your audio sources mixed down for an edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all Adobe's (and a good few youtubers) guidance and created my own ingest proxy presets. I have done this a number of times - and it doesn't seem to matter if you ask Premier to create multiple mono channels or match the audio of the source or try andy of the audio options in the presets dialogue....every time it mixes them down to a single audio channel. I cannot see how this is useful toi any filmmaker with more than a single audio source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while, but now I'm digging deeply into Proxy Worlflows for an article, and the only reason I can think of is that you're trying to make H.264 Proxies. H.264 only supports stereo and 5.1 audio (and ambisonic), not multichannel audio. Choosing QuickTime ProRes Proxies should fix the problem, as QuickTime supports up to 32 channels in different configurations. 

Let me know how that works for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a question then: 

If you are creating proxies for a feature or something long and you have 2nd system audio with 4-6 tracks of audio, is there a way to make those 4-6 tracks only 1-2 tracks inside your video proxies and later relink audio back for sound mixing? 

In other words: if you created daillies/proxies with the 2nd system audio baked in to the proxies will you be able to relink full res audio files later for mixing? 

I read a forum where they claimed this was how it's done now a days on bigger sets. Makes logical sense but practical? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines