• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to find a better work flow for subtitles. Anyone know a better way than this?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to make my life a bit easier on +15min videos that need subtitles.

Currently autotranscribing the sequence into a text transcript, then create a text layer, give it a good look, add animation keyframes for them to pop in with, and copy/paste the text from the text panel into each text layer on the timeline (with the needed spellchecking) via alt + dragging and dropping.

Wondering if there's a way for me to automatically have this process be completed (par the spellchecking). 
I need to somehow find a way to autotranscribe the whole sequence, convert the text into some sort of file that I can drop into premiere and I'll have the all the subtitles in their own 'animated' text layer right where they need to be, with all having left to do is spellcheck and rearrange some sentences. 

Anyone have any ideas? Been searching all day but nothing really gets close to what I'm trying to accomplish here. Thanks very much for any help!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

The good news is that the ability to convert captions to animatable subtitles is on the way, but it's not quite here yet.

In the interim the best workflow that I've heard about is using an app on Windows called Subtitle2XML, which you can get on the Windows Store for about $10. You'll get an XML that you can import into Premiere and your subs will come in as graphics.

Disclaimer that I've never had to do this myself, as my work requires captions but not burned-in or animated subtitles, but I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news is that the ability to convert captions to animatable subtitles is on the way, but it's not quite here yet.

In the interim the best workflow that I've heard about is using an app on Windows called Subtitle2XML, which you can get on the Windows Store for about $10. You'll get an XML that you can import into Premiere and your subs will come in as graphics.

Disclaimer that I've never had to do this myself, as my work requires captions but not burned-in or animated subtitles, but I know it has worked for people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Philip, will give it a try! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tiebo, Hi Phillip,

You may want to check out the latest version of the Beta. I believe they have a new feature for this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is information on the Beta option Kevin describes. It is a huge step forward.

The Beta version (23.1.0) is a newer (version 23) project file version, so you can't open a project file from there in PR 22.

The Beta can be installed independently from your production version(s).
See the Beta FAQs:

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-beta.html

And here is the Beta forum post regarding this option. They’d love your feedback:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-upgrade-captions-to-graphics/td...

Here are some other key developments:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/discuss-export-text-from-titles-and-mog...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-pauses-navigati...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-discussions/text-panel-enhancements-part-2-assemble...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines