• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to Rescale Text Also Repositions It No Matter Where I Set the Anchor

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm pretty new to Premiere Pro, and I've been trying to make a video presentation. It uses a lot of text, which I'd like to add effects to, but it keeps giving me a problem. This might be a silly question with a simple answer, but I haven't been able to find it!

Here's the issue: whenever I try to scale text in Premiere Pro, it acts like the anchor is in the middle of the screen and repositions the text accordingly. I've tried moving the anchor two ways. When I click on the text itself, I put the anchor in the middle of the text, but it keeps doing the same thing.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 180412.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-10 180443.jpg

When I double-click in the program screen with the text layer selected, I saw that the anchor was in the middle of the screen. I tried putting it in the middle of the text, but still the same issue.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 180505.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-10 180529.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-10 180553.jpg

I do not have this issue with images or videos, just text.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 180346.jpgScreenshot 2023-01-10 180240.jpg

Does anybody have any idea what the issue is? I appreciate your help in advance, thanks so much.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for the confusion. I should have studied your screenshots more closely. Check out the controls under "Text" (spin down the triangle "twirly"), scroll down a bit, and adjust Transform > Scale. Animate this property to get the look you're after. 

You used the Scale controls for the entire Source Clip rather than the Scale controls for the text box. The Source Clip's Anchor Point is in the middle of the frame, so that's why the Scale animation looked funky. My workaround had th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

I think I understand your problem. First, your setup is great. Leave the Anchor Point in the middle of the text. Center in the frame with the tools for centering graphics. Keyframe scale from 100 to 0. It should scale down in the middle of the Program Monitor. Now, reposition the entire frame using Vector Motion in the Effect Controls panel. Does that work for you?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin! I appreciate your help so much. Yes, that did work! Do I need to do that every time I want to scale text? What exactly was the difference between the way I tried to do it and this method? Thank you so much again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for the confusion. I should have studied your screenshots more closely. Check out the controls under "Text" (spin down the triangle "twirly"), scroll down a bit, and adjust Transform > Scale. Animate this property to get the look you're after. 

You used the Scale controls for the entire Source Clip rather than the Scale controls for the text box. The Source Clip's Anchor Point is in the middle of the frame, so that's why the Scale animation looked funky. My workaround had the text box and the Source Clip's Anchor Point at the same position to scale from. Then, I suggested you move the Source Clip's Position, and it appeared as you wanted. It's okay, but the first way is easier.

A separate way to scale text is in the Vector Motion controls. Using that method, you are covering similar ground to my workaround. The difference is that you could scale graphics past 100% without degradation.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that got it! Thank you again so much, praise God. That is such a relief, and good to know. The vector scaling still gives me the same issue as regular scaling (unless I'm missing something there, too). But I guess I can just use the first method you gave. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right. The vector scaling workflow for your effect gives you the same problem. It's confusing to have so many ways to scale a text clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines