• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to use Match Frame to un-nest clips but only 1 video track is overwriting in main timeline

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this issue before when un-nesting clips but it started on a newer project that I'm working on.

I am working on a very large documentary project with many days of footage and many cameras. I am using a workflow where I create stringouts (sequences) of footage - usually every clip from a media card from a specific shoot - and then I use the nested sequences to build my rough edit. It comes in handy because when I want to refer to the original stringout, I can just hit F (Match Frame) and explore the original sequence in the Source monitor, which is something I do frequently. Basically, I don't have to go clip-by-clip when trying to quickly find something. Sometimes these sequences have adjustment layers in them to add a color grade.

I was cleaning up a sequence and trying to un-nest a clip by switching the timeline settings to insert/overwrite as individual clips, hitting Match Frame, and then dragging in the clip from the Source window, which is what I usually do. But for some reason when I did it this time, it would only drag in the clip from the first video track of the nested sequence, and not the adjustment layer on the second video track. I want the adjustment layer in the sequence too, so I went back into the stringout (the source seqeunce) and tried selecting and deselecting video tracks, but the same thing keeps happening. I can't seem to get multiple tracks to unnest in the main sequence.

I know there must be a way to fix this, since I haven't had this problem before, and because many Youtube tutorials show people dragging in multiple tracks, but I'm at a loss for what to do. If I can't figure this out, it's going to make it really difficult to prepare the sequence for color grading & delivery in the end, so I'd appreciate any insights.

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you definitely have the V2 track selected on the Source side patching of your main sequence?

I can only get one clip to come over when I only have V1 selected on the source side. Going into the source (nest) sequence and selecting tracks there makes no difference to whether they are selected on the source side of your main sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines