• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two camera shoot: Video drifts out of sync over time with the other video and audio

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last 5 years, I have been shooting a video podcast using two cameras: one on the host and the other on the interview subject. The high-quality audio for both people is recorded on the subject's camera and the host's camera just uses the camera mic.

When it comes time to edit, I sync up the audio tracks (and video) from both cameras, remove the host's poor audio track and I now have perfectly sync'd audio that matches the host's lip movements exactly. I've done it this way for 122 episodes without issues until today. 

Today, I did the same thing as always, but on this day, the audio and video start out perfectly sync'd up, but over the course of about 5 minutes, the host video no longer matches the subject's audio track and is roughly 15 seconds longer that it should be when the video ends.

The host's camera mic audio still syncs with the host video just fine the entire time- and it matches the subject's audio at the beginning too...until it drifts- locked with the video. 

I shot two other podcast episodes that day before this one and an additional one after and these edits turned out fine and had no issues at all. 

What is going on and how do I fix it? Thanks

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?