two project windows open so that I can drag and drop more easily between bins broken

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years I have used a workflow having two project windows open so that I can drag and drop more easily between bins. I am running an older version of premiere on my main machine but went on vacation and brought my laptop which has a new update (latest) and I am annoyed to noticed that I can no longer drag and drop from one project windows bins to the other. Furthermore, they seem to want to mirror each other. If I have one bin open in one window, the other will suddenly change to reflect it. Am I missing something here? Is there a way to do what I used to do so easily? I should also say that if something is not in a bin, it can still be dragged into a bin in the other project window. Thanks for any help on this 

The video attached shows the behavior.  I try to drag a clip across to a new bin the other window and then  the two windows suddenly mirror each other.  it doesn't always happen in that order but they both seem like bugs to me. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

interesting. I reverted to the version of premiere I use on my desktop 15.2 and the same behavior is persisting. I wonder if its a hardware thing on my end. sigh

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines