Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TypeError in Automation Blocks

Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using the Automation Blocks Plugin from Mamoworld for Adobe Premiere Pro.

I modified the existing "Update Texts of Ae Mogrt with Spreadsheet" from the library to fit my needs.

Now, it duplicates my sequence and automatically translates it into another language, depending on which Language checkbox I checked at the beginning.

It works fine, when I test it with a test project, but when I try to run it with the actual project, it gives me the following error:

TypeError: null is not an object (line 6)

I can't pinpoint what exactly the problem is.

Perhaps somebody else had a similar error message?

Cheers,

Thomas

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, I did some further testing.

I copied all the mogrts into my test project and now the script is running.

BUT, it doesn't translate the sequence, resp. gets the data from the spreadsheet, as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that, you would need to contact the creator. No one "here" knows the code of 3rd party plugins.

And the whole aescripts.com and Mamoworld system is pretty good at helping users get going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

are you able to share your Automation Blocks script and test project?
If your script is not doing what you expect it to do, try to figure out step by step what it is actually doing (and what not).
Some general tips for this:
- You can add some write to console blocks in your code to see which parts are actually executed.
- During the execution of the script, the currently executed block is highlighted and when the script stops with an error, , the block where the error actually occurred stays highlighted. This helps you to understand where exactly the problem occurred. The highlight disappears as soon as you change anything in the blockcode - also if you pan, for example. It can help to zoom out to see your full block code before the execution.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some more testing, I managed to run the script in the test project and it worked.

I can't really tell, what the reason is.

At first, I thought it could be a problem with the *.csv, as there are different csv formats and I had similar problems with this before.

It still only runs successfully in the test project, but not in the actual project.

I'm already writing to the console and it gives me this:

execute script destructor final end point 'main script' reached execution result:"TypeError: null is not an object (line 6)"

I didn't know about the highlighting, thanks for this tip.

It stops during the "set sequence name" code.

So I tried different names of the sequence, with numbers and without numbers, etc. but it didn't help (in the actual project).

2024-02-21_08h54_45.png

@Mathias Moehl  Is this screenshot sufficient or do you need the full script?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it fails to retrieve the name of the active sequence, are you sure that there actually is an active sequence? Make sure the timeline window of the sequence you want to process is open and has focus. Then click in Automation Blocks to run the tool.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there is an active sequence. It is open and has focus.

I have it selected in the project window, as well as in the timeline window

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update: In Automation Blocks 1.0.017 we fixed some issues with accessing sequences, which might fix your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines