• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ultra Key, key color, color picker not working

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm literally having the same problem right now and it's 2019! The new Premiere just came out too, so I don't know why this bug exists. Is there a solution out there? For now, I'm doing this workaround but why won't the tech work properly? My monitor shouldn't matter how color picker interprets footage...

I have latest Premiere 2017.0.2. New laptop with Win 10 and Nvidea card. Color picker issue is definitely with display card/monitor setup. I have two monitor setup (laptop and HP Zdisplay monitor) and noticed earlier on that Netflix and Fandango will not view on my HP (2nd monitor). When I view Premiere from this same monitor and try to pick a color it does not work. When I move Premiere to 1st monitor(Laptop ), it does. Quick Solution is to move Premiere to main monitor. I will have to figure out what the display issue is later. No time to troubleshoot today.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that.

My colleague Mitch Wood advises, "Are you using multiple monitors? Try moving the effect control panel to the primary monitor. This might be an issue with your monitor config/display card."

Please try that. Also, upvote the following bug report: FIX - Ultra Key color picker on Windows 10 PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No joy. The color picker eye dropper will not leave the color picker box. The workaround is to select the color picker tile and use THAT color picker to select a color. Obvious and persistent bug. Damage to productivity. Needs a fix double quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm! Thanks. It sucks but it it's a nice wowrk around. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend. Thats exactly what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue on a new Lenovo X5 (Core i7) with 2 monitors attached through a Lenovo ThinkPad USB-C dock. I use the large monitors for my editing work flow and the color pick failure was very frustrating. Tried then dragging to main (laptop) screen and it worked instantly!

I've had this problem for so long, I took to using other software to get the hex code for the colour to remove then entering manually in ultra key.

Problem resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having this same problem at the moment and im on the main monitor how do i fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, whilst using multiple monitors extended from a laptop. 

In the past I have also used another software (like Camtasia) to find the hexkey and using the code manually into Premiere Pro,  However, based on other advice I was able to get ultrakey to work by ensuring the work area where use the tool is on the main screen - meaning the laptop screen, NOT on an extended display. So, when I want to use ultra-key, I drag my adobe premiere window into the laptop display and it works there, no issues what-so-ever. If I try ultra-key when on an extended display, it doesn't work at all. 

So in summary, always use ultra-key from the 'native' display. If you using a desktop set up, I assume this would your primary display device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2023 Jul 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still having to do this? This answered saved me when I read it a few months ago and it solves it wonderfully! Now i'm getting so bewildered how others aren't struggling with it and can't believe this isn't fixed. Don't get my wrong its pure laziness as your solution is only a few extra seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here,not using a secondary monitor.Just my laptop,so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is still not fixed. Just experience that issue again. Using 2 monitors also. 

I regrouped everything to my main screen and it was still not working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines