• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ultra Key removes my hair - What do I do??

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all!

I have a very urgent project. It's going well, but when I checked out my render, it turns out that my hair reflected a bit of the blue screen behind me, and got keyed out along with the background!!

I tried adjusting the options, but either a big dark shadow behind me remains, or my hair is very visibly flickering in the rendered result.

What can I do?? I included a photo below, left is render and right is without any key:

hair.png

Thank you all for your help!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Usually, it's best practice to make sure that the blue or green screen is evenly lit and no shadows appear on it. Also, light the background separately from the subject in front of it, preferably letting the light direction match whatever the direction of light will be in the clip you're using the key for.

A bad key recorded is difficult to fix, especially if the footage was shot in a 4:2:0 codec. My first hunch is that you have to play with the choke feature of Ultra Key, although you may need to work on this with a combination of creating a garbage matte first for the lighter blue areas and then apply the effect to darker shades of blue immediately surrounding the subject.

Here are more tips for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNNZ-ZG_j4M

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines