Using the in-camera option to record proxies to SD, and with the file folders nearly identical, the proxies are MXF extension. NOT MOV. Premiere Pro can't recognize and link a batch of proxies. I have to attach each and every proxy file one at a time.
The file names are identical with the exception of _P.MXF. The media start times are identical. The number of audio channels are identical. What am I missing? This doesn't seem that complicated. Obviously, attaching thousands of proxies, one at a time, is a non-starter in terms of efficiency.
I have checked "relink others automatically" .
Any ideas besides coverting all MXF files to MOV files.
Not only need they to be mov but also contain the work Proxy.
For a smooth workflow it is advised to make proxies with Premiere.
Moved thread to regular Premiere forum
I am using a Canon C70... with dual card settings.. cardA.. recording in Raw.. cardB recording proxies. The proxies are in MXF format named exactly the same with _P.MXF I think I found the solution/work around. In PP, Right click on the folder in the project panel>>Proxy>>Attach Proxies>>Check ONLY.. Media start, Relink others, Use Media Browser.
If any other options are checked it is not possible to relink automatically.
Soo I think that is the best and only way to attach proxies made in camera.