• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create captions Premiere Pro 15.4.0 (Build 47)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The transcription process works great.  As soon as I click the "Create Captions" button, I get the screen below, and it never changes.  I can cancel it an go back to the transcription, but can not get any further.  Any assistance would be appreciated.

defaultlndwx6w5xzkq_0-1626960939991.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

I'm happy to report that the auto captioning issue i was experiencing has been resolved with Premiere Pro's last version 22. Thank-you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this has been tried, to no avail.

Thank you for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very odd. There was a bug like this that appeared and was fixed in the Beta. It is NOT that bug: it is working for me, and in that bug, the Cancel button did not work.

I would next reset your Captions workspace. I assume that is the one you are in. I had a problem that staff could not recreate; it was fixed by either preferences reset or the workspace reset.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply, resetting the workspace did not help either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting. I would file a bug report:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Another user reporting same issue, although I don't know if the Cancel button works for them.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/speech-to-text-progress-bar-freeze/td-p/12207278

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, resetting the prefs and workspace does not solve the problem.

MacOS : 10.14.6

Premiere Pro 15.4.0 build 47

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing exacty the same problem.  I tried all the recommended fixes in this string and still not able to generate the captions. I am working on Windows 10. Not sure if the operating system could be the issue? Hope this gets resolved soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I just added a comment to upvote the bug report as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Curtis – could you try signing in and out of your Creative Cloud desktop app? Maybe temporarily disable any firewall that might be blocking Premiere from connecting to the Creative Cloud? Sorry for this frustration, we'll look into it. 

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried your suggestion of signing in and out of Creative Cloud but still can't get the captioning to work. I work for a government dept so turning off a firewall is not an option.  At the moment, my work around is using You-tube to create my captions. It would be a really awesome Christmas gift from Adobe, if the auto captioning issue got fixed in PPro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, with the latest version of Premiere Pro which I downloaded earlier today.

I've reset my preferences, and signed in and out again as suggested here, but nothing doing.

Working for a hearing related charity, I was hoping that this would be a gamechanger, and it will be when it works - but how do I get it to work?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still experiencing the issue in latest version. Transciption works but when selecting 'create captions' it creates the track but no actual captions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's very disappointing this amazing feature still does not work for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact support over chat and see if they can help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm happy to report that the auto captioning issue i was experiencing has been resolved with Premiere Pro's last version 22. Thank-you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines